Friday, March 30, 2007

Experiment in Kindness


Do you ever wonder what someone looked like when they were a baby? I love to see pictures of people when they were kids, love to look for similarities and changes in their faces from past to present. Wanna try an experiment? I've just been thinking about how people forget to be nice to one another sometimes, not really intentionally hurting each other, just plain forgetting to be kind. Of course, I'm no exception. Sarcasm is my middle name, and snarky one-liners are my game. ( So, don't worry, Carol, I haven't drunk all of the grape koolaid. In fact, I think some of it is getting ready to spew out my nose right now. . . )

So, here's my experiment for the day: Whenever I look or talk or listen to another grownup today, I'm going to imagine them as they were when they were a baby. Now, how can you do that and not be kinder in your response to someone?

I'm gonna try it. Time to start the day. I'll let you know what happens, okay?

No comments:

Sitecounter