Thursday, May 24, 2007

Can I Get a Witness? P.S. Carol, this is your fault : )


I believe this is Carol's fault, this song that is running through my head. Well, anyway, I'm gonna blame it on her because she said "Can I get an AMEN?" and my brain connected that with that song that goes, "Can I get a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit-neeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss?" Don't even ask me the name of that song, because you know I never get those things right. Hey, I'm the girl who grew up on country music, went away to college and discovered rock'n roll oldies, and thought there was a song about a Secret Asian Man!

So, seriously, can I get a witness here? I actually cooked and ate real food for breakfast! That's scrambled egg, sautee'd onion and red bell pepper, all on a whole wheat English muffin and topped with Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing. Mmmmmmmmmm, and those are some slices of a portabella mushroom sprinkled with lemon pepper & garlic seasoning and sautee'd in olive oil. All good food, and all good-tasting food. Hmm, another month or so, and this could've been topped with a nice ripe tomato, too.

Now, we got breakfast out of the way, what next? How about someone witnessing to my children that it was just the wind that blew the bathroom door shut just now? Katie just went to the door and knocked on it, and she's saying, "Hellooooo. Hey, who's in there? Oh, the wind blew it open. . . Maybe it was a ghost!" See, I told ya.

Can I get a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit-nesssssssssssssssssssssss?? Dang it, this is going to be running through my head all day. Of course, it's sort of an improvement over yesterday's "M-I-C-K-E-Y! M-O-U-S-E! It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Come inside, it's fun inside!"

Hey, we're off to the library. Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Sitecounter