Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's Market Day


Here she comes, home from the market with a bundle of goods balanced atop her head.
I made her last night, and I couldn't wait to show ya! She's almost exactly 4 inches tall! The mandrel hole runs all the way through this one, unlike my recent sculptures, so she could go on a terrific pendant if you're not a clumsy person like me. The bundle on her head is wound like a hollow bead, so you could also fill her with more things. . . oh, the possibilities are definitely running through my mind today!
We're getting ready to go shopping. Might not seem like a big deal for most people, but if you live in the boonies like us, you'll understand the excitement :) Okay, so it isn't really the boonies here. We do have 800 people in Irvington, and Centralia (with the Wal-Mart and Schnuck's and a few stores in the strip mall) is only 5 miles away. But if you really want to shop (and for me it really has become mostly just enjoying the looking over the years), ya gotta hop in the car for about an hour and head towards St. Louis. We usually stop at Fairview Heights, IL, instead of going on into St. Louis.
So what's on the list today? Nothing in particular for me, but the children are lobbying Daddy to buy them some "Spiderman gear". Heehee, bet he won't be able to resist! I like these trips because I can usually wheedle some treats out of the Daddy, too :)
So, we're heading out the door soon. Hope you're having a fun day, too!

1 comment:

Swarovski beads said...

I love the African woman pendant, its really cool.

Sitecounter