Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Snippets. . .Samplings of Random Thoughts


Ever have one of those random thought days where there are so many ideas running through your mind that you can't settle on just one? That's how I feel today as I sit here. Lots of different things to talk about, and lots more to say about each one. . . but here's a sampling for now:

  • I am so glad I grew up in the country, and that my kids get to experience that when we visit my parents in Kentucky. Katie has yet another nickname after this weekend-- The Chicken Whisperer. She slowly walks up to the new chickens and gently puts out her hand. They don't come all the way to her hand yet, but I'll bet they are doing it by the end of summer. James wanted to learn to drive a nail, and he did that, as well as watching Granddaddy dig some holes with the backhoe attachment on the tractor. Bet that little boy is going to be spending more time in the shop with the big boys as summer progresses.
  • Lisa, I hope all is going well for everyone in your family. Barb S. called last Thursday as we were heading out the door, and she mentioned how hard it is to keep in touch with everyone. Once again, here I am, writing during the middle of the day and hoping you'll see this and know I'm thinking about ya!
  • Our son is finishing his last day of kindergarten today! I am so proud of the way he's gotten into the school routine and learned so much this year. You know how you always remember special teachers, even decades later? Well, I think he will remember Mrs. Kathy Bergen for many, many years!
  • Oh, boy, this letting them go on field trips is scary! Yes, I do look forward to both of my kids being in school next year, but that doesn't mean that I haven't missed James during the day this year. It has been one of those things where letting go required a sense of detachment. How else could I keep from being in that classroom every single day and making suggestions and taking over?? Thank goodness Mrs. Bergen is such a wonderful teacher, or I think I would have gone nuts whenever I thought about it. Of course, don't we all have our own ideas about how and what children should be taught? If you know a teacher, give them a smile or a hug or a pat on the back next time you see them!
  • Let me just say to my online friends-- I wish Arizona and Michigan and Georgia and Illinois and all other points in between (and across the water) were as easy to reach in real life as they are to get to in cyberspace! You mean so much to me :) I think it's neat that we were drawn to each other by our interests, and then found we have so much to talk about!
  • The sun is shining, the house is a mess, gotta go into town to mail a package, gotta switch out the oxygen tank so I can torch later. . . BIG SIGH. . . wonder what I should do first? Don't know, but I don't think it matters. I think whichever I choose, it's one of those beautiful and peaceful days that just feels like summer vacation! HOORAY for LIFE!

No comments:

Sitecounter