Monday, June 18, 2007

Uh-Oh, I Got Tagged!

So, who tagged me? SpiderGirl and SpiderBoy?
Nope, Lori Greenberg did it to me!
Now, I'm going to answer the questions in the tag,
and then tag 5 of you!
Look out, bloggers, here I come!



Finally! Told ya procrastination was at the root of all my bad habits, so didya really think I'd get this done last night?
Here we go. I tag these people:

1.Tera "BeadyGirl"
Tera is fun and funny, and I'd love to read her answers to these questions! Just looking at her bright Zuma beads will start your day off right!

2. Sheila "Celebrating Passion"
Sheila and "art" are synonymous in my brain...plus, she's bound to have some interesting answers to these questions!

3. Deb "All My Beads"
Well, if you haven't seen Deb's website, ya gotta go! She keeps adding all kinds of features, and she's got a great fantasy aquarium ya gotta see. (And I be thinkin' she'll have some fun answers, too!)
4. Teresa "Lavender Creek"
After you check out her bead blog and pics, wipe your drool and click on the Lavender Creek farm blog, too!
5. Anne "AMR Glassworks"
Well, the Detail G-Mama has some of the most detailed bead sets ever created, but right now, I'm thinking how cool her MySpace home page is!


Okay, peeps, I'm off to make sure these cool women all know they've been tagged! Oh, and I have to say I'm not sure how I felt about "tagging" all these busy people with more work. I mean, it's fun to do this but it does take a little time to think about your answers and pick out five other people, etc. . .




Here's what happens when you get tagged-- it's called a "meme" and if you click on this sentence, you'll see the Wikipedia definition.




“What were you doing 10 years ago?”

Big excitement for my summer ten years ago-- learned to scuba dive so I could go along on a dive trip to the Bahamas. Fun? Yes. Scary for a former non-swimmer? Yes. I followed the boys down to get a look at the bottom of a pit in Pinckneyville, couldn't get everything adjusted right for that deep, swam into an old tree limb while fiddling with everything, knocked my mask askew, panicked and swam for the top as fast as I could. Did you know you can blow a lung out doing something like that?? I did, but I still panicked, and you better believe I kissed the ground when I got ashore! It didn't scare me enought to keep me from going diving when we got to the Bahamas (where I swam right over a nurse shark one morning), but nowadays it scares me.

“What were you doing 1 year ago?”

Probably just getting back from a visit to Kentucky to see my parents and celebrate the kids' birthdays. First summer since the kids were born that "we" weren't working at the daycare.

“Five snacks you enjoy:"

1. Graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips melted in the microwave-- don't forget to stir up the peanut butter and chocolate chips to make the fudgy filling

2. Watermelon with lots of salt

3.Lindt's milk chocolate truffle thingies

4. Peanut butter and jelly and BBQ potato chip sandwich

5. Cracked Peppercorn & Olive Oil Triscuits with smoked Gouda cheese

“Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:"

Oh, I suck at remembering who sings what! I also tend mis-hear lyrics... I thought there was a "secret asian man" running around living a life of danger! Most of my songs come from the days when we cousins would stand on the banister of Grandma and Granddaddy's porch and belt out country songs for hours:

1.Delta Dawn, sung by Tanya Tucker. Really like it again, now that I'm 41.

2.Country Roads, sung by John Denver. Yep, I've lived in West Virginia, and it might almost be heaven, especially if you go up to Monongahela State Park (I think that's the one just up the interstate from Morgantown) on a hot summer day... you can feel the air get cool as you drive up the winding road.

3.Long Black Veil, sung by Lefty Frizzell, sung by Johnny Cash, sung by my Granddaddy. . . heard it years later, recognized the snippets he used to sing, and memorized the words as I played it over and over on the way to Kentucky to take James to one of my mom's family reunions.

4.Any song by David Allan Coe. Can't sing an entire one by myself, but I can sing along to an entire greatest hits album. Favorite lines? "But my long hair can't cover up my red neck." "Well, I was drunk the day my mama got outta prison, and I went to pick her up in the rain. But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck, she got runned over by a damned old train."

5.Angie, sung by the Rolling Stones. Another one I can't sing by myself but love to sing along to. Oh, and in case you're wondering, Helen Reddy's okay but I've heard "Angie, Baby" one too many times :)

“Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:”

1. Go to Ireland with any and all family and friends who wanted to come along and explore the place.
2. Do a little bit of gambling on the stock market.
3-5. House, studio, and garage-- all the features we can agree on (and I get the last word on the ones we can't agree on)

“Five bad habits:”

Who me? Oh, I guess the first one would be denying or rationalizing any bad habits!
Next up, procrastination and worrying too much about how things will turn out, instead of just doing them. . . Yep, that would sum them all up in a nutshell.

Five things you like doing:

1. going exploring with the kiddos and hubby
2. hanging out at any family get-together or picnic at my parents' home
3. melting and sculpting glass
4. writing about my glass
5. reading

Five things you would never wear again

  1. highlights in my dark brown hair-- even gray streaks beat any orange accidents
  2. Bass lace-up leather boots with platform sole
  3. vertically pinstriped dress with horizontally striped shirt (hey, I was 6 yrs. old)
  4. permed hair
  5. gauchos
“Five favorite toys:”
  1. Torch (Betta is betta than that Minor, at least I think so after the first go at it)
  2. Drill press or cordless drill
  3. Crayons (gotta have Midnight Blue in them if possible)
  4. Computer
  5. Sigh, this one still hurts-- damn, I still miss my Mustang! Ain't nothing like the rumble of a V8, even if it is in a freakin' old rebuilt dodge :)



No comments:

Sitecounter