Saturday, June 30, 2007

Zemyna and Me


This is Zemyna, an earth goddess with a little secret. Her hair becomes a leaf that flows from the crown of her head, over her shoulder, and cups upon her breast. She stands on her own, and she holds water in that cupped leaf. If you like looking at glass pictures, you'll like her pics in my gallery.

Now, if you really, really like glass, you've got to check out the Watch Me Create team blog that features a bunch of bead artists talking about how their art has arrived at the place it is today. It's really cool to go through the archives and read each member's introductory post. Everyone has such a unique style, and they're all sharing peeks at what they're developing.
And ta-da! Guess who gets to play, too? Me! I'm so excited to get the chance to contribute to this group! Hey, I even spent a bigger part of the afternoon than I'd like to admit trying to take a self-snapshot to include with my introductory post. Eeek! Who put that much gray amongst the brown?? The wrinkles around the blue eyes?? Way too many freckles?? And, geez, how could I ever have wondered whether I've got any Irish blood??

And the only reason I'm showing you this pic is that even after I saw all of those marks of age up close and personal, I still liked it. Forty-one is a good place to be, a good place to finally be happy with yourself just the way you are. . . and for some reason, that whole mini-journey this afternoon made me feel a real connection with Zemyna as I wrote about her.
Here's to a little dose of inner peace to each of us as we go about our day!

No comments:

Sitecounter