Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rats! Can't Spell Ratatouille!

Okay, this might be stretching my "tie everything together with one idea" abilities, but here goes:
  • The kiddos and I went to see Disney's Ratatouille at the movies Monday afternoon.
  • Ratatouille is a French version of stew that follows that time-honored cook's tradition-- throw in some of this and some of that and see what happens when it all blends together in the pot. (If you follow the link, you'll find a whole website about Provence, France, not just recipes!)
  • This Gaia goddess bead is sort of a glass stew, a Moretti ratatouille if you will. Threw my last scraps of Nile green and light turquoise on the mandrel and hoped it would blend well.
Voila', there you have it, the Ratatouille Bead Sculpture!

Okay, that's all for right now. I know it's a meager little post, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do :) Actually, the kids are still snoozing, and I should try to take a few better pictures of that bead and post them in my gallery at BeadArtists.org. Oh, and thanks to everyone who's been checking out Clara's Strolling Garden! I've got a few more pics that can go online there. Oh, oh, and don't forget to check out Watch Me Create for entertaining posts about how several different beadmakers do their art! Lastly, I'm making a switch from eBay to Etsy, so you'll be able to buy beadalinas without the hassle of watching and waiting on an auction. I hope you'll do me a favor and go ahead and mark my page at Etsy so you can check out the progress there :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Ang

No comments:

Sitecounter