Sunday, August 19, 2007

. . .and the Art Goes On! (with apologies to Sonny and Cher)


. . .and the art goes on!

Okay, here's what I was thinking when I wrote that title. I was thinking about how James and Kate are living a life that doesn't compartmentalize art as a once weekly class in school. They don't really separate the concept of art from other parts of their life. They just naturally look at the patterns, designs, and colors around them. They like to create pictures and sculptures with paper, crayons, markers, and tape. They like to look at other people's creations (like this scarecrow in a booth at Centralia's Balloon Fest). They give me ideas to try in glass (generally ones involving Spiderman or Mickey Mouse, but that's another story), and they make sure I see artistic goodies when they spot them,too. If they weren't waiting for Mom to hurry up and help them paint the plain white t-shirts we bought last night, I think I could write much more about this idea. For right now, though, I'll be humming "The Beat Goes On" as sung by Sonny and Cher a long time ago. . . except I'll be replacing the word "beat" with the word "art".

No comments:

Sitecounter