Friday, August 10, 2007

Beauty...how do you define it?

I think my idea of beauty is constantly maturing. I look back at what I thought was beautiful when I was 10 years old, and that definition was much narrower than the one I hold now at 41. Beauty is more than the physical pattern or shape, more than the nuances of color. Beauty is also the way delicate shapes and subtle colors blend harmoniously with their surroundings.
Beauty. . . how
do you define it? It isn't just in the eye of the beholder, it is in the myriad of images in that eye.

No matter how you define beauty, I'll bet you can agree that there's nothing more beautiful than spending time with your family. . . and in that respect, I've just had the most beautiful week in Kentucky :)

Now, I'm back home and ready to get the kiddos ready for school and dig into the glass! Be sure to check my gallery this weekend for new pictures of my latest Buddha meditating while sitting on the trumpet vine that grows almost out of control on Soupie's deck.

Then, watch Clara's Strolling Garden for new pictures. . . I've got a whole series of colorful shots of Mother's green tomato relish, from whole tomatoes and peppers right down to the finished relish sealed tightly in its jars.

1 comment:

Studio Marcy - Marcy Lamberson said...

Angie, I love your blog! You write so well and your photos are great. Keep it up and I'll check back often.
Marcy

Sitecounter