Monday, August 13, 2007

Got My Fairy Wings, and I'm Outta Here!

Well, I really don't know if this is a "she" or a "he". Don't know much about these critters, except that all my life I've seen the abandoned shells but never the former occupant as it left. Look at those gossamer wings! This one was a few feet over my head, so the angle of the pictures isn't the best. I was trying to hold the camera over my head and steady at the same time.

Just had to show ya this critter. This time of night is turning out to be a great time to spot interesting creatures outdoors. Last week in Kentucky, Katie and I spotted a mama rabbit and one of her babies scampering near the edge of the soybeans. Last Friday night as I was cooking supper, I saw an owl walking under the trees in the backyard. I followed her, got to see her swooping from tree to tree, and I named her Athena. Tonight, while I was outside hoping to spot Athena again, Katie yelled at me to "come look, Mommy". This locust was what she'd found.



1 comment:

belvedere beads said...

what an interesting photo! i love bugs - almost as much as beads. what a treat to get both at once in the same blog.

Sitecounter