Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nefertiti and the Sands of Little Egypt


Did you know that our part of southern Illinois is known as Little Egypt? I have to admit that I can't remember the reason that got started. However, right now, with the high temp forecast at 102F today, I feel like we might as well be somewhere in the desert! As luck would have it, when Kate turned on the Travel Channel this morning, we caught the tail end of a piece about a luxury oasis "campground" in the desert in Dubai. . . now, I'm really in the mood to do what I've been planning this morning! The kids and I are going to do a little photo-journal this week featuring these Nefertiti beads and all the Egyptian-related things we can find here in our part of the state. I don't think we'll make it all the way south to Cairo, but Centralia has a few places that'll be a great start. Hope you'll join us and check our pictures to see the sites as the week goes along :)

Now, time for the mommy to get some little to-dos done before we can go exploring and hopefully see some sites! Hope you're having a fun day, too!

No comments:

Sitecounter