Saturday, September 22, 2007

To Sir Paul, With Love


Okay, Beatlemaniacs, please don't scold me for dedicating this bead only to Sir Paul. I know John and Paul both wrote many songs, I know there was a bit of competition
and pride involved in claiming those songs, and I know I don't have a clue which Beatle wrote the words "all you need is love, love is all you need." I do know that every single time I write "Love" on a bead, I am singing these words while melting the glass stringer into the letters l-o-v-e:
All you need is love. Love is all you need.
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah.

How can you sing that without picturing Paul's dreamy eyed babyface?
I know, I know, you think I'm a grownup version of all those teenyboppers decades ago who couldn't see beyond "the cute one."
Wrong.
Paul was definitely the cute one, but
John's mind shining behind those glasses was incredibly intriguing
George's quietly intense demeanor was enticing
and
Ringo, well, Ringo...how can you not love a guy who can go from goofball drummer to Mr.Conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine without skipping a beat? All he had to do was just "Act Naturally."

(P.S. If you love country and think those British mopheads and Elvis were responsible for the downfall of civilization, go ahead and click on Act Naturally-- it has Buck Owens in it!)

No comments:

Sitecounter