Sunday, October 14, 2007

Morning


I took this picture Friday morning. Tiptoed outside in the cold, dew soaked grass to get closer to the train tracks. The sky shifted colors from pinks to blues. The train broke the morning silence with a rhythmic rattling and clacking. The cats followed me to the edge of the yard.

Now, it is Sunday morning, and the Katie-munchkin has been awake since 6:30, talking and being my shadow. We've listened to the CD of migratory bird sounds, and laughed again at the puffins. Kate prefers their nickname, sea clowns, because she thinks they look and sound as funny as clowns. It has been a noisier morning than Friday when I tiptoed outdoors into the quiet chill of morning, and my thoughts for you keep wandering and branching out:

  • Sheila Morley, my cyber-soul-sister, is at a show in Michigan today with her Soul Gestures and Boogie Down and Rock the Earth beads. . .and she took some beadalinas with her, too! What a wonderful thing for her to do for me! You can check out her beads on eBay, Etsy, BeadArtists.org, and her website. Sheila is a true artist, and I love the way she has expanded her interests over the years. . . drawing, sculpting, and glass!
  • A quiet Sunday morning almost always makes me think of Kris Kristofferson's "Sunday Morning Coming Down" for some reason. If you ever listen to the words, it paints a desolate and lonesome picture, but I still like it. I probably like it so much because I'm a sucker for Kris Kristofferson's voice and because the emotion in the song is so raw.
  • Carol, if you happen to read this, I have to tell you about the Tokyo Tower :)
  • Where did all those other thoughts go?? Oh, yeah, James is into the oatmeal for breakfast kick, so I'm hoping it will carry over into the weekday mornings. Both of the kiddos will eat breakfast on the weekends, later in the morning. However, eating breakfast before 8 a.m. just doesn't interest them at all.
  • Hmmm, better get going. Hope your Sunday is a beautiful one!

1 comment:

Linda Carol said...

Beautiful Picture!!!!

Sitecounter