Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Carol, Here's a Glimpse of Fall Just for You :)


This bit of fall brought to you in honor of my friend Carol who lives in Arizona. Apparently, the only time it has been cold in Arizona was last winter when I thought I'd be escaping the Midwest chill and arrived in Tucson to be greeted by winter temps!
If you look up the street from our tiny Irvington post office, you will see a tree lined corridor leading to the city park. Okay, so corridor implies a big, wide, much-traveled road. Couldn't find a better word for it, though, because it is a grand scene with all those brilliant fall leaves.


This gorgeous maple is one of those lining the "corridor" in the top picture. Isn't it beautiful? I could show you pictures of the maples in our yard, but they didn't have the same brilliant colors this year. Don't know why. Maybe ours are a different variety of maple.


The park has lots of kid-friendly things to climb. I suspect my two aren't the only kids who've gotten stuck part way up the geodesic-dome-looking-climber-thingie and had to be rescued by their parents.

"I can see for miles and miles and miles. . ." Who sang that? I've got that song playing in my head, happens every time I look to the west from our driveway. On a clear, sunny day, you can see the water tower that belongs to the next town over-- Hoyleton is five miles from here!


Doesn't the corn field look desolate? It's a cloudy day, and we've already reached our high temp of 63 degrees this morning. You can see miles and miles in this direction on a sunny day, too. Centralia is five miles north of here, and we can see that water tower, too.

Hope you're having a great day! If it's a cloudy and dreary one where you are, warm it up with a smile or kind word to someone you meet along the way :)

No comments:

Sitecounter