Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Torch It Tuesday! Yeah!


Oshun Rising from the River

She's another goodie from the Glass Line article I did for December/January. She is one of my all time favorite pieces, well, so far, anyway.
Every new thing I make become my favorite, if you really want to know the truth!
I just finished torching for the day, the first time I've torched steadily all day long in weeks.
It was great!
I don't know if there are any pieces to rival Oshun in the kiln right now, but I do know there are some pretty cool things. They're biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig, too! I wasn't going for detail, so I didn't do any multi-piece sculptures like Oshun today. Nope, today, I did great big honkin' hunks of molten glass nudged into shapes. Big, chunky, abstract feeling shapes.
Damn, that was fun!
Hope your Tuesday has been a good one, too!
I am now off to get the kiddos from school. . .TaTaCatchYaLaterGater :)

1 comment:

sheilamorley said...

HAPPY TORCHIN' Tuesday!
Can't wait to see those shapes you made.
I am so excited!! I finally figured out a bead to put under the "Within" bead/sculpture I make. A new bead sculpture for us to celebrate. I hope to get it done this week. AND! I am going to dare a Within piece with that funky antique glass you sent me, REAL SOON!!
YOUR ARTICLE ROCKS! I read it last night.
oh! And! I finally got your check from the last show in the mail! Detroit, Michigan really likes your work. Peashout cyber sister!
Sheila M.

Sitecounter