Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ka-Pow! What a Burst of Summer!


I positively refuse to check the outside temperature just yet. Instead, I think I'll gander once again at this lovely intensely violet purple dahlia from my mom's garden this past summer.
Ka-POW, it seems to say on this cold winter day!

Here's another Ka-POW, a quote from Martha Graham that BeadRaven Lauren likes. I like it alot, too!

There is a vitality, a life force, an energy that is translated through you into action. And because there is only one you in all time, this expression is unique. If you block it, it will never exist through any other medium-- the world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. ----Martha Graham

2 comments:

beadraven said...

Hi Angie,

I'm glad you like the quote by Martha. It always reminds me to not be so darn critical of my own work, and to remember that I, too, have my own unique voice in the art world that may not appeal to everyone, but that it is mine and mine alone, and I should be proud of it.

I'm enjoying watching the progression of your pieces. They keep me inspired!! Lauren

angelinabeadalina said...

Thanks, Lauren! From the times we've talked, I definitely get the feeling you have a unique voice to be proud of...and I can't wait to see some of the things you've made.

This Martha Graham quote you told me about is the one I put on the very first page of my 2008 planner. I doodled away with the markers, making bright pink and orange flowers and a scrolling bright green vine, then added the quote in purple. . . who was it in the LE thread who said it sounded like "time well wasted"? I totally agree! Play time is where more ideas emerge!

Sitecounter