Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Born to Fly. . . Sometimes Off the Handle

Born to Fly.
More pictures in my BeadArtists.org gallery pages.


This sculpture comes from my spiritual, creative side.
The following rant is brought to you courtesy of my skeptical, get-over-yourself, smartass side.

Random thoughts about some things that make me struggle to not fly off the handle:

  • Just a little hint for telemarketers-- if you can't pronounce my name, I pretty much know you are trying to sell me something. I will tell you goodbye and hang up. I know you are just doing your job, and I applaud you for your tenacity. . . but don't try to argue with me when I tell you "thank you, but I'm not interested, goodbye."
  • If you are ultra-sensitive about every little thing someone says, please, try to remember this old saying-- "No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill." Truly, if someone says something you think is inflammatory, why not pause your brain for a second, rewind, and view it again? This occurred to me once again this morning as I was surfing around the internet and (once again) ran across an indignant post about the horrible way some parents must be raising their teenager. The kid made a very dry, very witty observation, somebody took it literally, and now we have panties in a twist and lots of angst. . . all because of a smartass teenager's comment. Please, take this little tidbit from a grownup smartass-- many comments are not meant to be taken literally.
  • Why, oh, why, oh, why, did God let mankind discover sugar?? I ask you, how in the world am I supposed to get back into eating healthy all the time if the thought of a brownie or cookie or cupcake or cheesecake or even stale crumbs in the bottom of the donut box makes me drool and embark on a foraging expedition through all the kitchen cabinets until I can unearth a suitably sugary snack??
  • Whoever is in charge of the weather in my part of the world, I need to know where to file my complaints, please? As you can most probably ascertain from the crabby, yeah bitchy, tone of today's writing, I am tired of snow and wind and all that other crap that can't be pinpointed as one particular precipitation so they deem it a "wintry mix." Done. I'm done with winter. The splash of sunlight this morning is an incredible gift, so I hope you can still hear my gratitude for that, even though I'm whining so loudly about the rest. Yes, the sunlight is a generous gift today. Yes, I'm greedy, and I am asking for more. More sunlight, a few more degrees, you get the idea. Thank you.

Well, I think that's enough from me today. I will leave you for now, as I have important tasks to complete before I attempt to torch. . . as soon as I untwist these creeping bloomers that keep wedging their way up the cracks in my *ahem* attitude :)

No comments:

Sitecounter