Thursday, March 13, 2008

Burnt Toast and Exceptional Customer Service!

Mountain Glass Arts
gets my A+++
for customer service !

No pics today, just a little story about excellent customer service in the glass industry. I have ordered from other places, and most of those were nice people BUT nobody takes care of their customers better than Mountain Glass Arts out of
Asheville, North Carolina.

So, I am not here to talk about the ones who disappointed me, other than to say they've really made me appreciate Chris, Steve, and Joe at Mountain Glass. You know, as a beginning lampworker-wannabe who didn't even have a kiln or torch or glass, I could call Mountain Glass and ask Chris questions about equipment. I've just passed the two year mark of glass melting, and I've asked many other questions and gotten helpful answers over the phone (1-866-LAMPWORK).

A few weeks ago, I called to order my favorite glass colors. Unfortunately they were sold out, but Joe found me the best shipping deal on the bead release (Super Blue Sludge) I love and sent it right my way. I got glass from someone else, but it wasn't nicely cut the way it always arrives from MGA-- instead, it had scraggly, sharp ends. Then, I ordered from someone else, waited a week to get the wrong thing, and now am waiting for the return postage and the right stuff. . . they were very nice about the whole thing, BUT I'm pretty sure the mixup wouldn't have happened in the first place if the order had come from Asheville.

If you aren't too tired of me bragging about my fav glass place (I am not affiliated with them in any way, except to say that I am definitely a die hard satisfied customer), let me tell ya what happened this morning. I've been trying to figure out a glassy problem but didn't have a clue what to do next, so I called Mountain Glass. It was early and I probably called before their official "open" time. No answer. I figured I'd just call back later, after I made some sugar toast for breakfast:

Spread margarine or butter on a slice of bread, sprinkle with sugar, add a dash of cinnamon if you're inclined, put on cookie sheet in a 375 degree over until nicely browned.

Well, before I took the toast out of the oven, the phone rang. It was Chris from Mountain Glass, checking to see if I had called because I needed something!

After getting some much needed help, I suddenly remembered the toast I'd put in the oven. . . And, that, my friend, is how you get the words "burnt toast" and "exceptional customer service" in a single blog title :)


No comments:

Sitecounter