Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gum Boots and Teenagers to Be. . .

Can't you just see the teenage angst and deep thought and boredom with all things enjoyed by the grownups??

Yep, those are my children. Yep, they are almost 6 and almost 7, not almost 16 and almost 17. Yep, they were complaining that Grandma and Mom didn't know the way back home from the woods, that the briars were attacking them, that they were boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeed, and that they never want to go exploring with us again.

Heehee, sorry, kiddos, but we had fun. . . and we were pretty sure you got something out of it in the end, too :)
They weren't too eager to go exploring with me in the rain this afternoon (I wasn't going to go out in the rain, but I didn't tell them that), but I'll bet by tomorrow if the sun shines, they'll be ready for a trek. After all, any chance to wear your boots and wade through puddles and ditches is a chance that should not be missed!

No comments:

Sitecounter