Friday, April 25, 2008

DandelionSmandelions, Peas on Earth, & Spring!

Wanna take a walk around my yard? It's springtime here, and the dandelions are stealthily trying to gain ground before anyone notices. . . but you know what? I secretly adore them, those wispy white seeds that look like miniature geodesic domes, those buttery velvet sunshine flowers that precede the miniature domes. I also adore the spring flavor imparted in the delicate green shade of a brand new leaf, as well as the first appearance of "helicopters" along the maple branches. Ah, beautiful day here, hope it is the same for you!








3 comments:

angelfireartglass said...

Dandelion lovers unite! I love them too Angie....they take me back to my childhood!

Sue

ellen said...

Only YOU could make those yellow weeds sound beautiful!
I thought we were the happiest to see spring up here in Michigan but you just might have us beat.

angelinabeadalina said...

Thanks, Ellen! I do love them, but I promise I won't make any wishes with the wind blowing the seeds near your yard if I'm ever up that way :) I know they're weeds, but it seems sometimes that my green-thumb is non-existent and weeds are the only things I can grow, lol

Sitecounter