Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Laid Back Chick...That's me...Well, Sort of...Maybe...Sometimes


Well, no, it's not literally me. My hair is shorter, boobs much smaller, you get the idea. Let's not go any further with that one.


It is me, though, in the sense that I am a laid back chick. . .some of the time, about some things, oh, hell, I just wish I was a laid back chick who never let anything bother her and always just followed the flow!

I can't be laid back about things like wearing your seat belt or getting good grades in school. That's obvious, even to my children, or maybe especially to my children. What I can be laid back about is learning to live and let live. I really can't see why it's much of my business to try to influence people to do everything the way I would do it. Just to clear up a point here, we are talking about regular, everyday people, the people who make up our lives. I don't give a hoot if you want to spend your money on an impractical sports car or giant truck, as long as you aren't dealing drugs so you can pay the car loan. I don't give a hoot if you choose Jesus or Buddha or Jerry Springer, as long as you don't expect me to be scared of being doomed to hell if I don't make the same choice.

Yep, I'm trying to be a laid back chick, but there are bumps in the road, ya know. For instance, if Heather from Account Services calls me one more time to inform me in a prerecorded voice that there is no problem with my account, I am considering writing down the number from the caller ID and calling it back every two minutes one morning.

2 comments:

ellen said...

I believe we may be sisters separated at birth.
Live and let live. I truly don't care about most things.
The seatbelt one gets me, though. I have been known to gesture or even yell at people who are not belted in; particularly if their kids are not belted in.
Smoking makes me crazy and those two-way phones make me think about homicide.
BUT - other than those few things, I'm pretty darned laid back.

angelinabeadalina said...

Ellen, we gotta meet in person someday :)

Sitecounter