Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday. Hmmph.


Uh-huh, you can tell me it's Monday, but you can't make me smile about it!

Actually, I'm kind of on the fence about Mondays. Sometimes, they are horribly messed up days where nothing turns out the way you want it to turn out. You know, those days when you stumble to the kitchen only to find you forgot to get more coffee, and that ends up being the high point of the day when all is said and done! Sometimes, though, Mondays masquerade as Saturdays, and all is right with the world. You know, those days when that first cup of coffee is akin to a special nectar sent from the gods, and that ends up being just the beginning of a day filled with little joys.

I haven't yet gone to the kitchen to fix my espresso, but I do know I remembered to get another bag of coffee beans. . .so I'm hoping for one of those good Mondays!

P.S. James is sooooooooo much the dramatic child, but I think Kate's expressions speak volumes, too. That's her "I'm not looking at you because I'm still mad that you made me stop carrying the poor cat around like a baby doll and I'm certainly not going to give in and smile just because you got out the camera" face. That was really taken on Saturday, but it sure seems fitting for a Monday, don't ya think?

1 comment:

ellen said...

Kate's how old? You're in trouble, mom. hehe

Sitecounter