Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, Rattle, and Roll. . .and the Kids' Art Fair Video

Shake, rattle, and maybe not so much of a roll as it was a rumble! Earthquake, right here in the Midwest! It was 5.4 on the Richter scale, and it was about a 10.999999 on the scare the crap out of Angie in the middle of the night scale! My first thought as the house rumbled was that the train had derailed in our backyard. Funny thing was, I didn't hear the train. Interesting way to start the day, huh? I did go back to sleep, but it took awhile. All I could think as I lay there still shaking a bit was that the big New Madrid Fault quake that we're due for had arrived-- and that this was just the beginning tremors!

Now, for something completely different, howzabout a peek at James and Katie's school art fair? We just enjoyed everything last night, browsing the art work. The kids even got to ride on a homemade hovercraft one of the junior high students made. Now, that was cool! Take a round piece of wood, lots of thick plastic, bolt a chair on top, power it with an electric leaf blower, and voila, you've got yourself a hovercraft that will float as far along the slick gym floor as the extension cord will reach. I really should have gotten pics last night, but I did get you this little view of the much quieter gym this morning:

video

No comments:

Sitecounter