Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Watch Me Sort of Drive a Nail. . . Funny for my Brother


This is just for my little brother, who is greatly amused by my ineptitude when it comes to tools and any sort of construction. See, my sister and brother both took shop in high school, while the only reason I knew the shop teacher was because he mistakenly attempted to teach the yearbook class the year I was a junior. . . while it was fun, and while Haycraft did learn that we "book-learning" kids are good for some things such as pulling pranks on other teachers with just a little bit of instigation/permission from him, I certainly didn't pick up any hints or tips on how to use shop tools. Everyone else in our house is good at helping Pop with projects, but me? Nope. When I need something, I'm spoiled by a father who makes it for me (and often makes it better than my request). Ah, but living four hours away, and with a hubby who can make any automotive run but has very little inclination to build things, I am now attempting to learn to do some things for myself. See, I can hear you laughing already, but I am nothing if not an entertainer at heart, I guess. . . otherwise, why would I let you see me make a big deal out of a little task?? Here goes, and be prepared, I couldn't figure out how to rotate the darn video. So iffen ya wanna laugh, you're gonna have to turn your head sideways to watch:





video

8 comments:

Carol Saker said...

Hey, so good to see your sweet face again!

Kissies,
Carol

Teresa said...

Angie, I think you need a bigger hammer...rotfl
It is great to finally put a face to the name :)

angelinabeadalina said...

Heehee, Teresa, don't you just love my choices-- a little bitty tack hammer or that big clunky thing!

Anonymous said...

This is the famous little BUBBY sister of mine you do great on glass ,BUT your not Stanley Greer or BOB VILLAE .I think you need to get a real hammer to start with , curved claw 20 ounce , no framing hammer,s for you , they really are only for wimps . As to your abltiy to swing you need lots more practise ( yes i know i need to learn to spell ). I will have you a box of nails to work with ,16's not those kid nails you where using , the big box to , and (listen up this is important ) my first aid card and some Bandaids ready for you . WILLIAM LEE

angelinabeadalina said...

See, Bubby, you should have given me that fancy $50 hammer you said you never really use because it's really too light for you. . .

Anonymous said...

That hammer is titaniumm, yes the costly stuff , You need to learn to use the beginners tools first . As to that big clunky thing, that is for blacksmith,s or iron workers use . IF you think you can swing it propaerlly then you can play mercy with me

Anonymous said...

ANGIE ANGIE ANGIE where are uo , not taking LITTLE BROTHER up on mercy ????? We play fair you use 2 hands me 1 NO grapping one single finger , thats why my other hand will not be tied , you are a Greer, as such I expect you to cheat . I am your LITTLE brother , you should tell people your scared to play mercy !!!!!!!What no comment people that read this decide if you play well ??????? You can only let people know my age not size well?

angelinabeadalina said...

Bubby, Bubby, Bubby, I was busy taking care of your niece and nephew when they got home from school! They had lots of talking to do. They had bikes to ride and crash. Katie took a turn way too sharp and wound up in the ditch between the driveway and cornfield...scared me a little, but she came up grinning like the true daredevil she is! James needed some cream soda; now that we ate at Fitz's root beer joint and he had cream soda, he's put that at the top of his list, past the Dr. Thunder and root beer. As for mercy, you know you would win unless I can cheat!

Sitecounter