Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Don't Argue with Mother Nature...


If Mother Nature wants you to turn that cool piece of branch upside down, then maybe you ought to do it. . . Turns out, she was right about this piece of branch. I thought it looked good the other way, but when I turned it "upside down" I discovered that it sets firmly on the cut off pieces. In fact, I kinda like the way Mother Nature balances herself atop her fallen log, leaning back just a tad, as if she were walking across a tree that had fallen across a creek. If you've ever done that yourself, you know the feeling of confidence that will take you to the other side of the creek with nary a drop of water touching your dry feet. It isn't until you've experienced the wobble that did end with you in the creek that you realize the zen-like feeling of the successful tread!

P.S. She's in my Etsy shop, where I'm starting The Sculpture Project. Now, one of my to-do's this week is to write more about this sculpture project, but here's the gist of it: 1.) gas and bread and milk are eating up lots of $ for lots of people here lately but 2.) I don't think that should mean we shouldn't be able to treat ourselves to art that speaks to us and 3.) I just want to be able to keep on sculpting because I really feel like this is what I'm meant to be doing (well, the m-o-m role, too, but that goes without saying) sooooooooo 4.) I figure if you can buy a sculpture for say $30 and I can keep sculpting because you did, then it's a Win-Win situation :)

1 comment:

ellen said...

I love a good win-win.

Sitecounter