Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Gosh, It's a Gosling. . .and I Think I Need a Camera with More Zoom Power!



See what I saw this morning before the thunder and lightning and rain decided to bombard us? Anyone who lives around here has seen Canadian geese aplenty, but I've never seen a gosling with them! I started out taking pictures from afar, and then decided I'd just get as close as they'd let me until a.) they flew away, b.) my batteries ran out, or c.) it was time to get the kids up for school. Oh, I tried to wake up the munchkins, but Kate just pulled the covers back over her head. James was happily reassured that Daddy was still home since it's vacation for him, then he glanced at the pantsie-lou's I laid out for him and promptly went back to sleep. So, it was just me, the cat, and the geese! You can hear all the other birds in the video clip, as well as the wind making that annoying digital "whooof" sound when it hits the camera, but you can't hear the big splashes from the frogs as they jump off the bank and into the water. Thankfully, I did not see the snake the kids saw the other day, or you'd hear me screaming...can't help it. Hope you enjoy the pics and the bumpy movie-- I kept walking closer, and they tolerated it, so I sure couldn't just stand still from a distance :)

P.S. Blogger doesn't seem to want to download the video right now. I'll be back later and try again. It's bumpy, but it is kinda neat!

1 comment:

ellen said...

We see geese 'o plenty here in MI and our town is on the Kalamazoo river so they're in and out of here all the time but I must say, I don't believe I've ever seen a gosling either. Nice pics.

Sitecounter