Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shhh..."Stolen" Flowers from JimBob's Yard


JimBob bought the house next to my late mother-in-law's house. I think the plan is to eventually fix it up and turn it into a rental, but in the meantime I sure hate to see the flowers going to waste in the yard. I thought I'd better liberate just one small branch of these lovely blooms!

Overgrown gardens around old houses are just the best, aren't they? Maybe it's because I don't have a green thumb, but I adore overflowing shrubs and out of control vines and volunteer patches of flowers that spring up here and there in a yard.

Makes me want to just walk up to the porch and invite myself to sit in the swing for a while and watch the world go by. Don't worry, though. I really don't go around sitting on stranger's front porches, invitation or not :)

Oh, and I don't pick flowers uninvited unless I'm sneaking a bouquet from my mother's plentiful garden or borrowing JimBob's unappreciated flowers like I did these.

Here's to sunny, lazy, summertime Saturday afternoons!
Hope yours is a fine one!

2 comments:

ellen said...

Oh, heck, Ange, I've gone into yards of empty homes with a shovel before.

angelinabeadalina said...

:D You made me laugh! My mom used to keep a shovel in the back of our station wagon in case of such opportunities! There was a whole patch of stray daffodils in the woods alongside the curve of one of those country roads around our house that started it! If I remember right, we three kids were informed that we'd have trouble if anyone ratted her out to Pop...he would've been mortified at the time. Now, he's used to it!

Sitecounter