Sunday, May 4, 2008

While His Guitar Gently Weeps. . .






Morning after the concert, tousled hair, scruffy face, and worn blue jeans. The rock star sits on the edge of the bed, playing his guitar.

Morning after the concert, soft blue eyes, dreamy smile, and where did she leave her blue jeans? She steps out of the shower, drapes the towel over one shoulder, and listens quietly while his guitar gently weeps. . .








This Listening Quietly While His Guitar Gently Weeps was torched, annealed, cleaned, and put together by me in my southern Illinois studio while my brain was being invaded by George Harrison's song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Who knows why a certain song gets stuck on play when you're working? George's voice kept singing while I melted the beginning of a glob of glass and wondered just what I was going to make. Then, I started thinking about George and Eric and which woman was that they traded? Wonder what it was like to be with a rock star, waking up after a concert? That's when I started sculpting her, picturing her climbing out of the shower to find him playing softly on his guitar. The entire sculpture is approximately 5 3/4" tall, and the slate tile is approximately 6" long by 3" wide. She is made of dark ivory and Nile green Effetre glass, slate, wire, and epoxy.

1 comment:

ellen said...

I guess I'll need to borrow my husband's MP3 player for my next torching session if that's what music did for you!

Sitecounter