Monday, May 12, 2008

Winged Protectress of the Garden


Now, don't you think she's just perfect for someone like me? I sure need a Protectress of the Garden, that's for sure! My own daughter even told her kindergarten teacher that the flower she was sending home for a Mother's Day present would have a better chance if it went to Grandma's! Heehee, I am now beyond being embarrassed by such a statement, simply because I know that it is all too true!

I would, however, like to point out that the flower in the bottom corner of this picture is the one James brought home last Thursday, and it hasn't died yet! Notice, also, please, that the peas are growing and even getting ready to bloom! Of course, the lettuce is strangling itself out because I'm afraid I'll thin out too much of it if I start...and there's barely enough there so far for a salad from the thinnings, so I keep waiting "just another day or two".

You know what, though? My bacon is almost done, and while some bread is toasting, I could go outside and thin out some of that lettuce, wash it, and have a nice BLnoT sandwich. . .

2 comments:

ellen said...

A BL and no T - hmmmm, doesn't seem worth it.

angelinabeadalina said...

Yeah, I know what ya mean...but I just can't handle tomatoes from the store. Now, a good juicy 'mater from a garden, mmmmmmmmmmm...

Sitecounter