Thursday, June 12, 2008

Help! Got Any Ideas? Thanks!


Alright, ya caught me sneaking back to that online lampworking forum I said I needed to take a break from reading for a few days. I have to admit this to you because I want to spread the word about something my cybersis Sheila Morley posted in the Garage Sale section:

Need Kiln Fast!
My kiln broke. I am in Southeast, Michigan...
I need to work.
I wonder if someone has one around they want to get rid of.
I'll be honest...I can come up with $100.00 and some glass?
beads or some of my double helix stash?
send me a pm if interested.
thank yoU!!

So, if anyone knows anyone who might know someone who might have an idea or know of an available kiln, please would you pass the word along? You can contact Sheila through her website, or you can leave a message here and I'll forward it to her. Sheila is a wonderful person, and a hardworking one, too. I wish I was closer to Michigan, but since I'm not, I figure I can at least help spread the word. It's a small, small world, and you never know. . .

Now, in my you-never-know-what-she's-gonna-ramble-about mode, let me just tell you that I now know I do indeed love my children more than chocolate! Oh, I love them with all my heart and soul (even when they are fighting over who gets the red popsicle). Still, some things are sacred. Take, for instance, my chocolate. I do not willingly share chocolate, I have to admit it. Since James is a chocoholic extraordinaire, I tend to hide the "good" chocolate that I like and give them the things like the Mr. GoodBar and Three Musketeers snack size bars that the librarian sent home with us. Oh, and "good" chocolate is a relative term-- it doesn't mean expensive in my case, just means the stuff I like best, such as the still fresh Twix snack bars that were in that same bag of treats from the librarian.

So, when I went to the grocery without the kids this afternoon, I bought a fresh package of Turtles. You know, a heavenly trio of chocolate and caramel and pecan. Mmmmmmmm! Three in a package. Oh, and I knew it was a fresh package because I did that sly poke your finger in the middle of the package to see if the caramel is still soft thing. Shhh, you don't have to tell everyone you know that I did that. Anyway, I did not scarf down those Turtles before getting the kids. I actually waited, and I actually shared. One for James, one for Kate, and one for the Mom. There ya go, I love my children more than chocolate :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! you Rock!
;)
Sheila

ellen said...

Wow, I'm impressed. You shared chocolate.
The kids at school always knew there was no point in looking for Mrs. Altamore to share anything sweet. Just wasn't going to happen.
I've always felt that sharing was over rated so you just went up a notch in my opinion.

angelinabeadalina said...

Hope you find something soon, Sheila!

Mrs. Altamore, I'll bet the kids loved ya lots, even if you didn't share your sweet treats stash :)

Sitecounter