Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh. My. Gawd. I Am in Love with Glass!


I am in love with glass.

Oh. My. Gawd. I am in love. . .in love with clear borosilicate glass!! The crystal clear quality. The stiffness that helps slow me down and keeps me from melting in all the curlicues on the ends of waves. The whole thing!! (More pretty pictures here)

I am in love with glass! Howzabout you? It seems like every other word I write these days is about the gazillions of possibilities in the world of glass. I don't think it's a contradiction for me to believe in all those possibilities and still believe there is nothing new under the sun. People have happily been exploring with glass for thousands of years (at least, the lucky ones have!), so I firmly believe that no matter what I make, chances are that someone else (past, present, or future) will independently run across the same idea. Does that take away the possibilities that are new to me? Hell, no. Enjoy the journey, people, enjoy the journey! We are the lucky ones who know about the joys of glass! Peace, Ang

2 comments:

ellen said...

Holy cow, Ange, I can feel your excitement from here!!!

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh, it is so much fun to melt some glass, isn't it? Hope you have a fun Sunday, Ellen!

Sitecounter