Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Another Little Taste of Summer for Ya :)


Well, I did bring some glass with me, but I haven't put anything together or taken many pictures. This is just a little abstract combination of goddess/liberty/flag. I meant for it to be the silhouette of a goddess, symbolizing the lady of liberty with a flag waving around her. When I look at it now, I realize it also looks like a graceful flagpole. Either way, it's kinda neat.

And talk about neat stuff, I have to take more pictures of all of Mother's flowers! This is yet another beautiful variety of lily. I love the pale pink/lavenderish color.


These are always the ones that draw my eye, though, even when the Stargazers and Monte Negro lilies are also blooming. I always wanted to pick orange lilies along the side of the road, and now my mom has a ton of different lilies. They make me happy (especially since I'm not the one who has to keep them alive and growing).

No pictures yet from this morning's escapades. Don't tell Pop, Bubby, but I've painted the bottom of the old shop door white. When I get home, I'll use your scaffold and paint the top part. Then, tomorrow, the great quilt painting adventure begins!

Mich and Ellen, I got plants for my little spot I showed yesterday, but they aren't in the ground yet. Mari, if you read this today, you need to be sure to come over Thursday evening for the fireworks! Actually, I wish each of you could come for the picnic and fireworks! It is so much fun to see everyone, talk nonstop (imagine that), eat good food, and then watch lots of fireworks!

Okey-dokey, gotta get going for now. I apologize for not being able to keep up with everyone's blogs this week. . . just remember, if I didn't read it yet, I'll be catching up when I get back to the "normal" routine next week!

5 comments:

ellen said...

I'm torn between a graceful flag pole and a very tall, thin goddess.
The blue in the flag is wonderful.
I'm pretty darned sure I can smell those lilies.

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Those lilies are gorgeous!! Going to have to get some of those :))

Your Goddess is amazing. I definitely see her.

Cannot wait to see your flowerbed when it is finished.

Mich

Deb said...

Ang - your wonderful slender goddess is amazing. What a graceful flow she has to her. I'm loving your Mum's Garden - her lilies are fabulous :o)

Tasha said...

Hey, Anfay! Nate sure is looking forward to seeing the kids tomorrow! He has been missing them. See you then!

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, Tasha, James and Kate are counting the hours!! Glad you guys are coming :)

Sitecounter