Friday, July 25, 2008

Might As Well Be Don Quixote, Jousting with Windmills...


Here's a pretty picture. This is a Pretty Pixie Plant Protectress. She's a plant poke. You know, one of those pretty little doodads that you sneak in to the pot amongst the houseplants. I named her a plant poke for lack of a better description. Now, some plant pokes end up that way by default because they start out as beads and then get stuck on the mandrel. This one I did on purpose, off mandrel with a thick rod of glass to use to push her down and anchor her into the potting soil.

Here's a not so pretty picture-- me, joisting with not-so-imaginary dragons but still looking stupid because one of the castles I was defending by default turns out to look as if it is the domicile of a villain. Good grief. Might as well be Don Quixote, riding a hopelessly downtrodden hag, joisting with windmills. Now, all those not-so-imaginary dragons are going to be sitting in their lairs, grinning and saying "nah-nah-na-nah-nah! You were wrong in this case, so now we have justification for being mean any time we feel threatened." Untap my shoulder and call me plain old Mrs. I'm done playing knight.

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Ang, love that plant poke! I never make one deliberately. Wow! I only wish I could make one as beautiful as yours. Keep chasing those windmills. You never know where you'll go!

ellen said...

Pretty Pixie Plant Protectress
Pretty Pixie Plant Protectress
Pretty Pixie Plant Protectress

Yeah, try sayin' THAT 3 times

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

I love the idea of a plant poke. Pixie was gorgeous.

You make a beautiful Knight who makes beautiful glass and has the words to go with it. Don't give up your Knighthood. Some battles may appear to be a lost cause or we end up defending the wrong castle but at least we know our heart is in the right place and that is what counts.

And anyone who feels justified in being mean anytime they feel threatened - are not nice people!!! There is always a better way to handled it.

Deb said...

Woohoo Ang! She is a stunner - what a Pretty Pretty Pixie Plant Protectress.
Although well impressed I must admit that I am somewhat disappointed that she isn't an oversize swizzel stick for a rather large G&T I might be needing ....I'm sure I could have used it as interesting reasoning for refilling my glass ;o)
Cheers, botttoms up & tally ho!

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, Ellen, maybe you should join Deb with her gigantic G&T and *then* try to say that three times fast! Deb, dear, I think you needed to drink a toast to Spike's good health-- see, you did have a reason to refill :) Mallory, I've made plenty of them that I didn't intend to make, so it was kinda fun to start out with the idea of making one! And, Mich, I wouldn't necessarily dub the "turd comment" comment beautiful, but I think my patience had about worn thin :) Thanks for the good words, chickadee!

Sitecounter