Monday, July 28, 2008

Shall I Work, or Shall I Play?


Well, I just started writing you a post about pigeonholing yourself, but it wasn't coming together. I think my mind is rushing in about four different directions all at once right now.

See the munchkins in the car? They just headed into town with Daddy to run a few errands since he's off work today. Aha! That means Mommy has a few hours to do whatever she wants...or do I? Yes, I'm the one who is with the children twenty-four hours a day in the summer, so of course, I am glad for a little bit of quiet time to myself. But what should I do? First, I'm gonna finish writing to you so you'll know I haven't fallen off the edge of the planet. Then? Torch? Read? Clean up my desk? Design a new business card? Make a business plan for the coming months? Solve the world's problems and then redecorate the house? You get the idea.

First, I shall finish my coffee. After that, who knows? What would you do?

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Pure and simple, I'd play! Go for it, Ang!

WhimsybyMari said...

oh i agree with rosebud, go for it. thanks ang your comments make my day.

ellen said...

Well, I'm not chiming in until 9p so I hope you enjoyed your time alone, whatever you chose.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Well what did you do???? Your fans are waiting not so patiently to find out... LOL

angelinabeadalina said...

You're gonna laugh, I just know it. I took a nice hot bath, and then me, the ultimate slob who hates housework of any kind. . .I scrubbed the bathtub. I think I could have found joy in any mundane task, just being able to finish one thing without interruption. I know someday I will miss the "Mo-o-om, I'm thirsty" and "He won't play with me" and "I had it first, so why do I have to share" hub-bub! I try to remember that :) Right now, the Jedi boy and the goofy girl are itchin' to do something fun. Gonna finish sipping the coffee, writing an entry for today, and then go do something fun-- school starts in a mere three weeks, and summer is calling us:)

Sitecounter