Friday, August 8, 2008

Bug- a- BOO


Backyard, late evening shadows reaching even longer than the maples are tall.


Green ocean of soybeans to the north. Even taller corn guards the west. Can see for what seems miles over the waves of beans.


Bug- a - BOO! I know next to nothing about these things, so I can't tell you whether or not the moldy looking stuff is normal for a formidable looking insect carcass like this one. Heck, I might even go back to the deck and find out it wasn't a carcass, after all, and has flown away. I can tell you one thing, though, these critters are most likely responsible for at least part of the constant hum/buzz/racket you can even hear inside the house all summer long.


Great texture in the faded, gnarled bark near the very base of one of the maple trees. In fact, this one slopes so gently right about where this shot was taken that I sometimes use it as an outdoor recliner.


This is totally Captain Elaine's fault. She has been drawing or painting something every day and posting the page in her blog. Well, I've been sketching just a little bit more, having been bitten by the learning bug after seeing her sketches. This started as part of the bark from the picture of the tree trunk, then this morning I *had* to add the eye of a tree spirit peeking through the bark.

That's my Thursday evening/Friday morning. How's your day been?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day is not so great , cause that thing called WORK . Yes the kids are not playing nice today ,oh thats why it's called work . As to the Sploosh yesterday that was cool . WILL PILL

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, Bubby, what's another word for a construction superintendent? Babysitter. Just tell those kiddos a story about Sam Greer's temper, I'm tellin' ya. . .

rosebud101 said...

Looks like you had a great morning, Ang! I love that drawing! I'm tired. I'm off to nap!

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Love the sketch Ang. The photography is super as well.

I'm just grateful to have a computer screen. Missed mine later yesterday and most of today. LOL

Deb said...

Wow Ang - what a great shot of the maples & the shadows! I love the feeling of a late summer evening :o)
The beans seem to go all the way to the horizon - & that bug is just way cool!
Love both the brak & your sketch ....& what the sketch morphed into!

Deb said...

Ummm - ok - the 'brak' would be the bark - lol.
Right now blogger is playing funny games with me - & I'm not checking as well I should before I hit submit - well that's my excuse & I'm stickin' with it ;o)

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Wow... I can't believe I inspired that fabulous tree spirit drawing... nice work Angie...Love your bug (hope he's still there)... Great photos.

ellen said...

Looking at your photos gave me a real sense of peace and calm - except for that BUG!!!
I think we have some tree frogs singing/yelling right outside our bedroom window every night.
Great sketch, btw.

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, you guys are too much fun! Thanks for the smiles!

Sitecounter