Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hairy Situation with the Blog. . . or My Brother Wants to Explain Why Real Men Don't Shave Their Legs


According to my little brother, there have been waaaaaaaaaay too many pictures of Mother's flowers in my blog this week. According to said brother, I should write about something else. In fact, he gave me a topic-- "Why Men Don't Shave Their Legs."

Here's his little story, and I'm sticking to it (at least until the writing muse delivers on her promise to provide some really good jokes about the story): Real men don't shave their legs because real men wear shorts while using the weed trimmer. Real men aren't concerned that the Weed-eater string will whack them on their bare legs. Real men are tough. Real men grow hair on their legs as a protective barrier to all the weed and grass trimmings thrown out the side of the weed-eater. Real men also don't wipe this grass off their leg because real men know that the thicker the layer of grass, the more protection provided. End of real men story.

Here's my little story, and I'm sticking to it: I apologize for the hairy ankle shot in place of a pretty flower shot. However, my little brother does indulge me by letting me dig through his junk pile in the shop (and I haven't had a chance to do that yet this trip). My little brother also lets me use his wireless card so I can bring these blog entries to you without having to drive the ten miles into town, find a table at the Panera bread store, resist buying a few loaves of three cheese bread, and also resist heading on over to Michael's or Lowe's to spend more money than I should. There ya go. . . I have to make the Bubby happy with this post that was his idea :)

Now, for tomorrow, back to some regularly scheduled sappy flower pics, maybe an obligatory shot or two of the munchkins, or who knows, maybe another glass pic! Hope everyone is having a great week!

11 comments:

Profusion said...

Well I for one must say I prefer the flowers, sorry Bubby. That pink dahlia is possitively regal.
And I also think men don't shave their legs because they are lazy :)
P~

Deb said...

Hmmm - real men may not shave their legs to give the grass something to stick to when using the weed trimmer - however real women who do shave their legs & wear shorts when using the weed trimmer will tell said real men that leg hairs would be no protection at all against a flicked stone or pebble from said weed trimmer ;o)

Men & Dahlia's huh? Guess I'm going to have to fess up to why I didn't comment on yesterdays blog post Ang.....

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I find being French - and not shaving my legs, easier and easier... helps that my eyes have gotten bad and I can't SEE the hair... Did that photo of the shoe have a hairy leg attached?

rosebud101 said...

I know a man who does shave his legs in the summer. I think it looks weird, but I'm glad they aren' my legs.

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

OMG....that was funny!! But please tell your brother that flowers are still way more prettier than hairy legs. LOL

ellen said...

I, however, kinda liked this particular photo but was sorry it didn't include a "quad" shot. I'm assuming that good lookin' ankle was below a mighty calf and a very handsome quad.
Happy, Bubby?

ellen said...

Ange - for got to tell you that I "liberated" the hibiscus yesterday. I called the lady who lives next door to the empty house for info. She said the house had gone back to a bank in who-knows-where.
I told her of my plan and she said, "let's go, I want some too."
I have 2 whites and a red planted in 3 separate areas in my yard. Yea me!

angelinabeadalina said...

Ohmygosh, Elaine, if I tried the French thing, everyone would be calling me Chewbacca or BigFoot or something! Even my horrible eyesight can't keep me from cringing at the vision of hairy, hairy me without shaved legs. Mallory, betcha that guy does shave 'em because he's a bicycle racer or weightlifter or something...but I agree it kinda makes ya do a doubletake to see it.

P~ and Mich, I do believe I'll be able to find some more flower pics when I do today's post!

Deb, happy memories, glad the juxtaposition brought a smile :)

Go, Ellen!! Those hibiscus are gonna be so much happier there with you where they get some TLC!

angelinabeadalina said...

Uh, by the way, Bubby, where are you? Did I do okay?

Anonymous said...

WOW! I didn't know William had such sexy legs! LOL

Rachel
wilmothfarms@windstream.net
http://faithhopelove.myeweb.net

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,
Its very simple why us real men dont shave our legs, and it has nothing at all to do with ego, masculinity, being macho, bravado and all those other things you might think. The simple fact is...we're just to damn lazy to bother with something as frivolous as that - your lucky we even get them washed!
Your other brother!
Norm

Sitecounter