Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Heard a Rumor. . .


I heard a rumor. . . that today is the first full day of school for James and Katie as they head into first and second grade.
TRUE



I heard a rumor. . . that James might really love his little sister a whole bunch, despite what he says.
TRUE


I heard a rumor. . . that James and Kate go to such a small school that first and second grade classes are combined, and there are still only 16 kids in the class.
TRUE

I heard a rumor. . . that Kate was excited about school until yesterday when she got home from the two hour registration/orientation session.
TRUE

I heard a rumor. . . that Kate told James "Man, that was long, and all she wanted us to do was listen while she talked!"
TRUE

I heard a rumor. . .that Mommy might be in the principal's office by the end of the very first full day, considering the battling duo will be sharing a classroom, considering James says the only good things about school are the "good dairy milks and recess," considering Kate has had her eyes opened to the difference between kindergarten and first grade, considering. . . oh, hell, just considering everything and multiplying times two, LOL
I'LL LET YOU KNOW

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Well Well your children so cute to be so devilish .I predict that by the end of the week you will be in the princable's office , care to take a bet ? WILL PILL

angelinabeadalina said...

And why would I want to take a losing bet? Do you have some incentive? Perhaps we could do a deal like this-- you win, I keep wearing that perfectly serviceable welding helmet Uncle Ralph gave me. . .but I win, and you trade me so I can have that too cool for school flamin' welding helmet of yours? What do ya think?

WhimsybyMari said...

James and Katie-Good Luck you both are sooo cute. I heard a rumor too: Mommy is glad to have quality glass time?


TRUE

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear sis you must be delisonalle'?' , you know that will never happen . What about you just going on in there today and start the year of right . You are gullable so how about a $1000.00

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, Mari, you must have a real good source for info :) :) You bet, I'm doing a happy dance right now! I've cut and ground some mandrels in case I get the soft glass urge later, and right now I'm letting a piece of boro sculpture cool just a bit so I can handle it and finish it.

Bubby, Bubby, Bubby. Are you saying you're scared you might actually lose? I think I'd look good in that flame helmet :)

rosebud101 said...

Sometimes, I think the rumors are true. It's so early to sart! OMG!! I'm retired. This is so sweet!

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

They look so cute!! I hope they have tons of fun in between the predicted squabbles.

And ooh the Principal's office. Hated that place!! Was called in once for Brad then told hubby all Principal office duties were his. LOL

We now homeschool. And we're having fun!! But if we had a nice small school like yours - we probably wouldn't. LOL

Mich

Deb said...

Awww they are both so cute!

I heard a rumour that children have a personality transplant in school, they listen, sit quietly, do as they are asked when they are asked without question & have even been known to ask for things politely accompanied by 'please & thank you'.


TRUE

Parents are known to sit there with their chins hitting the floor when a teacher says "what an absolute joy *such & such* is to have in the class"...."so well behaved & attentive".

TRUE


You'll be fine Ang ;o)
So will James & Kate!

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, Deb, I've heard those rumors! Yep, Mallory, it does seem earlier than when we were kids. Mich, you already know you have my admiration for being able to homeschool!

ellen said...

Those white sneakers are so very cool. Wonder how long they'll stay that white?

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Aww cute kids... look ready for school. If they get in trouble.. well perhaps the acorn didn't fall too far from the tree... Huh?

angelinabeadalina said...

*snort* I can answer both the E's at the same time-- the shoes will be scuffed and dirty in a matter of a day and a half because she walks funny like I do and destroys shoes. As for the trouble part, heehee, I really was a teacher's pet when I was in school so I didn't get caught. . .haven't given them lessons in that yet, think maybe I ought to start?

ellen said...

Oh, are you kidding? Not getting caught is the most important lesson in life. Let me know if you need help in that department - I was a pro.

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, Ellen! We could get together, write a how-to book and make $$ selling it to fifth graders :)

Sitecounter