Friday, August 29, 2008

Owl Watches. . .a Totem Bead (OMG, Yes, Angie Made a BEAD!)


Owl Watches-- Totem Bead
Owl sits in the tree. Owl watches for opportunity. Owl is wise that way.


Owl is wise, but did you ever wonder why we've come to think so? It occurs to me that owl's wisdom comes in part from having the patience to quietly observe all around her. Wisdom gained from many nights of this observation, from many nights of waiting for just the right opportunity. All that observation, all that patience, all that intensity. . .all of it becomes embedded in the brain and creates wisdom bit by bit. Seems quite a useful method, whether you are trying to catch mice or trying to catch reality inside a piece of molten glass, don't you think?



P.S. Owl is actually a bead! She is about 3 1/4" tall. I think I'll put her in my Etsy shop. . .wouldn't she look great as the focal point of a necklace of earthy browns in wood or glass or stone? If I were any good at making jewelry (instead of just visualizing it), I'd mix all of those elements and find a way to dangle a feather with owl, too.

Okay, back to some work. Got the house under control-- just in time for James and Kate to each bring friends home with them this afternoon after school. Between the territory wars and the occasional truces so they can make bigger messes together, I'm sure the house will look trashed again in no time. . .ah, well, guess the reason I'm not such a great domestic goddess is that I like to see the house lived in :)

8 comments:

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Will someone please point me in the direction of a 'Domestic Goddess', I have yet to meet one. LOL

My home is most certainly lived in at all times. Between pets and kids - just take your pick as to what you might find. LOL

A toast to the kiddies having fun!!

Have a super weekend.

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Lunatic mom sheepishly returns and apologises profusely for not commenting on the most magnificent owl!!

If I hadn't spend only my money on educational books - that owl would me MINE!!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Owl... I think not... tis Yoda's cousin IT... Don't tell the kids they'll all want one, if you say it's a StarWars thing...

Domestic Goddess... What are you two talking about... now Mich is doing a challenge... but I can't play... watch for Domestic Goddess on paper tonight...

angelinabeadalina said...

Guess what? I got all excited about Mich's title to her Domestic Goddess post because all I saw was "what's your idea of a domestic goddess" and my smartass answer was going to be

"the opposite of me!"...

but a glass challenge, now that's serious business, Mich! It's going to be fun!

Elaine, don't you torch, too? I'll bet your DG on paper will be a cool one!

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

That's it, I declare that homeschooling is going to do me some good. If it rescues my sentences and editing skills - it will be worth it. LOL

The Challenge was edited to include the Paper arts. LOL

Have fun!!

rosebud101 said...

Wow! Ang! The owl is great!

Deb said...

Oh Owl is lovely!
What a wonderful flow & form (s)he has to her (gotta be a she for some rteason).

I can imagine her in a design quite easily!

ellen said...

Way cool owl and you're a way cool mom, Ange. I love that your kids like to bring friends home and that you let them and seem to enjoy the activities as well.

Sitecounter