Monday, August 25, 2008

RightBackAtcha!


Boomerang something to somebody today. . . hey, hey, slow down, wait a minute, wipe that devilish grin off your face before you go to work or you'll be getting yourself into trouble before you know it, what with letting that smart "take a number, get in line" remark fly from your lips. Uh-huh, see, I know how some days go.

Now, back to the boomerang thing. If you throw it just right, a boomerang tumbles its way right back to you. That's a cool thing, unless, of course, you really aren't expecting it to work and aren't looking up when it whacks you in the noggin. No worries, mate, I didn't get it to work well enough to get right back to me, but I did make sure to keep an eye on the thing until it returned to the ground.

Whoops, that's not where this post was going. One more time, back to the boomerang thing. Okay, here's the idea. Lots of people send out really kind thoughts, loving gestures, or even just a friendly nod at the right moment. Do we send them right back? I think that for today, I will try to be more conscientious about returning those kind thoughts, loving gestures, and friendly nods in a way that will make the sender/recipient feel just as good as they made me feel. For me, that's usually easy to do here in the virtual world. I'm not shy about telling someone how much I admire them or what I like about something they've made-- here in the virtual world. BUT in the real world, I'm kinda shy about that at times. Mostly, I think I fall into the mindset that no one notices me, anyway, so they won't notice if I'm quiet.

So, as I'm writing this, I am aware that the boomerang analogy is a bit different from how I've described it in the last paragraph. Actually, if a boomerang works, it is because you sent something and it comes right back to you. Hmmm, another perspective worthy of some attention, at least in my little world. Gotta remember that if you send out good thoughts, you'll likely receive good ones in return. That also means that if you send out crabby-get-outta-my-face-negative thoughts, you're gonna be receiving some nasty ones in return.

You can even carry this to the level of all those motivational ditties about envisioning good things, asking for good things, expecting to receive good things, etc. Hoooooooboy! Lots to think about, right there in a single piece of carved wood. Boomerang it, baby. . . whichever definition you like, just boomerang it :)

9 comments:

Deb said...

Hmmmm - great thoughts indeed Ang!
I'm a bit like that - easy in the cyber world, but in reality, not so great.

That said there's an old joke "What do you call a bommerang that wont come back..........





a stick" ;o)

Have a great day.

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL :) I'll have to tell the kids that joke-- all four of us tried and tried to make the other boomerang Ricky brought home do the come back thing. . . It's a stick.

Deb said...

Yep - & some of those Australian lads can make it look easier than a frisbee. In years I haven't been able to get a single one to return - in fact I think they fly away in fear.

Last time a relative bought something back from Australia - it was an Aboriginal Rain Stick. It's beautiful, makes a lovely soothing sound when shaken ....but I dared the kids to make it work!

rosebud101 said...

Great thoughts, Ang! You are certainly right about what you said. Truly, what goes around comes around. You catch more flies with hoeyt than vinegar. Sorry if there are typos, I can only see half of the screen. Some people call it karma, too. Whatever, you will receiveback in abundance what you give. Have fun today, and don't throw any boomerangs, just in case they work!

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Ang, these are some fantastic thoughts!! It's perfect!!

Okay now will someone tell me why I have an abundance of Ants insteady of money. LOL

Hugs and thanks for your kind words in the bathroom yesterday.

Mich

angelinabeadalina said...

Heehee, Mich, it's 'cause you're sweet! Like Mallory said, you "attract more flies/bugs with honey than with vinegar" :)

And speaking of you and sweet, did you ever give Kitty Cat a name?

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Ang... waxing poetic today... loved it... I try to maintain the Pollyanna attitude as much as possible.... zen is in... and the boomerang / stick joke made me spit my cola all over the keyboard... so much for zen now...
Have a great evening lovely lady...

ellen said...

Jeez, I was only gone for the day and you got all deep on me, Ang.

Cindy said...

I love the boomerang analogy - I call it karma or you get as good as you give. I think you're wrong about no one noticing you but I know how one can feel like no one does. Not trying to invalidate how you feel I just feel like you underestimate the positive effect you have on people.

:-)
Cindy

Sitecounter