Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Was in a Bad Mood. . .

Well, I thought I was in a bad mood, but then I read something Catharine wrote and had to laugh. The woman is just outspoken and friendly and tell-it-like-it-is brash. . . but if you've ever met the loud lady in the Tweety Bird t-shirt, then you know she's genuine. Anyway, I suspect that the feathers she ruffled today had something to do with other heated discussions from the past which I am not even going to try to understand. I'm just here to tell you that the woman is a hoot, a riot, a ball of enthusiasm. And, hey, I've only met her once when I was in Tucson.

Here's the deal. Catharine said some things that I would've taken as "pot-stirring," too, IF I HAD NEVER MET HER. Since I could picture her as I was reading her words, it just struck me as a matter that must have really frustrated Catharine if she went to the trouble to bring it up on a forum. Not only that, but she was basically telling people to play nice and that squabbling tends to make you look bad if that's all other people ever see you doing.

**sigh** Of course, not everyone has met everyone else in person, the virtual world is full of ambiguity and misunderstood gestures, and somebody took Catharine's words as a personal insult. As might be expected, one insult often leads to another, yada, yada, yada, you know the story (maybe not this particular one, but certainly a similar one).

You know me, smartass that I am, I have been dying to find a way to insert this quote from the resulting heated discussion in today's post:

A couple of you need to get up in the morning and put on regular clothes, instead of them damn sand-paper britches your so fond of wearing. ---C. Weaver

Now, if that doesn't sound like something my Granddaddy or Granny would've said when one of us was pouting! Ranks right up there with "Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?" and "Be careful. Don't trip on that lower lip." Heehee, I've been grumping along today, feeling like the world has been unnecessarily pee'ing in my Cheerios, but the more I think about Catharine and sandpaper britches, the more I get the giggles. . . guess I'd better go for now, gotta get the twists out of my panties, shed the sandpaper britches, and just enjoy the rest of the day :)

4 comments:

ellen said...

Must have been something in the air today, Ange. I was in kind of a poopy mood too. No explanation. Sundays seem so long to me.

rosebud101 said...

I love that story, Ang! What a day brightener.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Now Ellen... how come you post on Angelina's blog and not mine... tripping over my lip...
Must be the heat... the DH and I were growling at each other this am... when that bear growls at me, this Lioness will roar right back... and so it goes LOL Sand paper britches... very funy... I don't know Catherine, but I think I'd like her too.

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

I have only met Catharine on LE. She sounds amazing and I was shocked at the manner in which some felt the need to post.

Anyway I was desperately seeking an exit button to that forum yesterday, but then I wouldn't come across the friendlier bunch, right and I'd miss you all there.

Hope today is better.

Sitecounter