Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tired of Kid Pics Yet? Sorry, Ain't Got No Glass. . .


The Jedi-boy arises, changes into whichever shorts and shirt he deems suitable for a warrior to wear, gives the mom a quick hug, and then requires chocolate milk. The boy is excited this morning because his friends Jacob and Tyler will both be here this afternoon! Jacob and James have been friends through kindergarten and first grade. Tyler is older, but he *knows* much Star Wars lore. . . yep, James peppers Tyler with questions about all of it, every single minute Tyler is here :)


My shadow is still sleeping this morning. My shadow may have attitude that drives me crazy at times, but she is truly my shadow and that amazes me. She does so many little things that are obviously done because that's what I do. Pajama pants by the side of the bed right before climbing in. Books and notebooks in special places. One time when she was barely four years old, she stayed up with me until midnight while I cleaned beads and tried to do things. I kept encouraging her to go to bed, or at least lie down on a blanket beside me. Finally, in exasperation, I tried once more to get her to go to sleep. That's when she looked at me from where she was standing in a chair by the kitchen sink (the better to "supervise" my glass cleaning) and said, "But Mommy, I am your shadow. You even said so yourself. And if I'm going to be an artist like you, then I need to watch everything you do so I'll know what to do when I grow up." I do love my shadow. Six years old, and still doing what I do. . . I'm the one who had extra coffee waaaaaaaaay too late yesterday afternoon, but my shadow was the one who couldn't sleep either when I was awake in the middle of the night. You're right, Deb, the little hugs and sweet moments let you know they're still your little girl :)

So there ya have it, more kid pics and tales, no glass. Ain't got no glass. . .maybe by the time school starts, LOL!

5 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

AWWW they are both so cute...

rosebud101 said...

You're kids are absolutely precious!

ellen said...

I'll tire of seeing your kids.

Deb said...

What a wonderful Jedi boy - you can just tell he is looking foward to spending a day with wise Jedi friends, & progressing to a higher level of Jedi'ism ;o)
And will you look at Miss Kate - peacefully sleeping to remind Mom that she truly is just a sweet & innocent wee girl !(& probably secretly rebuiling her reserve of attitude for future use - lol)

My Mum used to say (when my girls were littlies & trying my patience) "Aww Deb - but you just gotta love them..." then she'd quietly add, after a short pause..."when they're asleep"

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, "...when they're asleep." Grandmas have a way of understanding and putting things into perspective all at once, don't they :)

Hey, in case I haven't told you guys this, you really make my day with the blog conversations! Luvs ya, Ang

Sitecounter