Monday, September 29, 2008

Angelina-DORK-alina, Angelina-THINK-alina

Oh, good grief, I can be such a DORK some days! I do stuff because I'm thinking about a certain thing, then later realize that no one else could possibly have any idea what I was thinking about at the time. I don't do simple stuff that needs to be done because I have a vague idea that I should do "something" but don't know what that something really is and don't want to admit ignorance by just asking.
RECENT DORK MOMENT #1: I warned Elaine that the Saturday blog entry was a deep one, not a funny one. Elaine, I am an idiot. I didn't mean anything about you (and I value you for your forthright opinions, never would think you'd be a shallow Pollyanna about anything)-- I was thinking about how I can't seem to write anything funny lately. Everytime I think about that, I think about one time after I'd written funny posts for a while and then followed it with a thinking post. I think it was you who lightheartedly said something like "I go away for a day and come back to find you've gone all deep". And you know what? I think funny is what we all need more often than not, so I've been having a little self-pity party about not being able to think of a good funny post lately.
RECENT DORK MOMENT #2: You guys know all the computer problems I've been having lately because I'm a techno-weenie? Well, if I'd just learn how to do simple maintenance and take care of the laptop, I might not have so many "duh" moments. The hubby fixed the crazyhibernatinglaptop problem. All he did was go to the control panel and tweak my settings, which were all apparently too low and were causing this baby to snooze all the time. Whew. Then, after I attempted (and failed) at doing the control+alt+delete thing to get my toolbars to reappear, I finally admitted to same said hubby that I could only go to websites that had links in my blog. Ahem. It took him all of about five minutes to control+alt+delete and straighten out the problem (plus he started a defrag running while he was at it). Duh, duh, duh, dork-- that's me.
RECENT DORK MOMENT #3: "Oh, I'll take pictures of the show," said the AngelinaBeadalina before she got slightly lost on the way to the show, and therefore had to rush to set up her table, and therefore promptly forgot to bring the camera inside so she could take a picture of that table. I was following Miss Kate across the bridge back into Illinois late Saturday evening when that dork moment hit me. All day long, I had fun, people complimented me on the table setup, blah, blah, blah...and I never took one picture of it! Thankfully, Marilyn included my table in her pictures of the entire bead show :) Otherwise, these three snapshots from this morning's unpacking of the van would have been it:



So, that's all the Angelina-dork-alina moments I care to admit this morning, but I think that's enough for one day. Now, on to the THINK moments that came from last week and Saturday's show!

RECENT THINKALINA MOMENT #1: Most people in this world are genuinely nice! Not a new observation, but one of those that bears repeating often. Karla just followed me to my van and carried some stuff inside for me when I finally found my way to the community center Saturday morning. Lots of people were helping one another take down displays and carry boxes to cars when the show ended Saturday. Kate's friend Nancy was drawing people into conversation about what they "do" (glass? jewelry? just visiting?), and you could feel the warmth she was spreading.

RECENT THINKALINA MOMENT #1, COROLLARY A: Most people in this virtual world are genuinely nice! Another observation that bears repeating often. The online world is a bit different than the real world in that we can pick and choose online friends who share many of our own interests. That makes it even easier to play nice, but since we can be relatively anonymous in our "spoken" thoughts online, it would also be easy to be jerks to each other. . .but most of us put thought into what we say, and most of us genuinely care about the well-being of our virtual friends.

RECENT THINKALINA MOMENT #2: There's just no way to know for certain where life is going to take you, so you gotta live the journey, not just wait to arrive. Joan (Papimom on LE) put it very well the other day. She's a wife, mom, daughter, glass melter, motorcycle rider, traveler, and more. She says she wants to be able to look back at the end of her life and say, "Hell of a ride!" I need to tape that to my mirror (or maybe the bottom of the lenses on my glasses?) so that I see it when I wake up each morning!

RECENT THINKALINA MOMENT#3: Don't waste your free time doing things that don't bring out your passions! Now, if someone could just figure out how to turn housecleaning into a passion for me, then I'd have even more legitimate free time! Oops, did I say that? Yep, 'fraid I did. I surely don't mean I'd like to be passionate about scrubbing counters and floors, do I? I think what I mean is that if I could be a little bit more passionate about it, *then* it wouldn't feel like work. . .speaking of which, I gotta get some stuff cleaned up, so I'd better say Ta-ta for now!

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Glad you're back. I hope the show was a great success! Don't worry, we all have our moments.

Lori Peterson said...

Angelina, I went and looked at all the pictures of the show you did and wished I'd been there!!! Your table was fantastic and your sculptures looked amazing.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

My dear Angel, we all have our Duh moments, our funny ones and serious ones too... NOBODY can be on every single day (except politicians...) but you get my drift I hope) No need to apologize to me... I enjoy your blog in all it's rainbow of thoughts...
And... your table was stunning... hope you made tons of sales.

Studio Marcy - Marcy Lamberson said...

I still think you're one of the best writers around. Whether thinking or just being human.

Marcy

Sitecounter