Saturday, September 13, 2008

Game On! Do You See What I See? Leave a Comment to Play :)

Okay, okay, I can hear you all, "Yeah, Ang, we see a piece of wood." :) This is one of a box full of burled wood pieces that I've just gotten from Jan (Glsgrl on LE). J, I gotta tell ya again, these are some beautiful pieces of wood, and THANK YOU.
I've done a little bit of sanding, and I've already made the somewhat flattened glass sculpture that I want to insert in it. Can you guess what I was inspired to make as soon as I saw the ring pattern in the center of this side?
Of course, now I'm hesitating to put it together. The pattern that inspired me only shows up on one side. If I replace it with the glass piece, then no one else will get to see the inspiration. If I put the glass on the other side, I have to figure out how to slant it all just a bit more, or the display will be lost on everyone except toddlers looking up from the edge of the table. . .hmmm.
So, soon as I figure it out, I'll show ya the end result. In the meantime, howzabout a little comment contest? Tell me what you think I saw in the rings, or tell me what you see in the rings, and whoever gets closest to guessing what I saw will get a package with a couple of glass doodads to use in your own multimedia sculpture of some sort. Game on! Let's hear those ideas :)

8 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Ang, I see two things. I see the front of a jet engine, with a propeller heading towards me, and I also see a madonna figure. Am I even close?

Ellen said...

Twins in utero.

VE said...

Looks like a Madonna figure?

Deb said...

Ang - I can only tell you what I see (darn girl I wish I could see with your eyes!)
First I saw what I'd call a 'stylized Madonna', then the thought popped in of the Russian matryoshka dolls (the shape I guess) - which triggered a memory somewhere of something you had done that really caught my attention (well, one amongst the many) I had to go looking - "Nu Wa, Mother of Creation".

Yep, I think that's what I see - well a combination really Mother Earth.... Mother of All Creation.... All encompassing.
Ok I've lost me - lol. Definately feminine though.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I see a Harley Motorcycle... or an elephant's foot....

angelinabeadalina said...

You guys are gooooood! Yep, Madonna figure was the first thing I saw, but since I have a small collection of Madonna and Child prints and since I love making them, I thought maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see! ALL OF YOUR IDEAS ARE SO INTRIGUING, SO EACH OF YOU NEEDS TO EMAIL YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO angelinabeadalina@yahoo.com so I can send ya something this week! Nighty-night, and sweet dreams, Ang

PETRA.JANSSEN said...

OK, I admit ... I "only" see WOOD.MURRINIS ... and on the outer edges some weird faces. LOOK at the "five-o-clock-news" ... there's a yawning troll ... LOL. Think it's time to have a nap or two ... :)
Looking forward to see it assembled ...

Kyfarmlife said...

Gee and I thought you were going to say you saw a neked wommin!LOL Love the wood though, it really is a beautiful piece! Do you order it, and does she make sculptures or anything like that with the wood?

Sitecounter