Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Feel Like This Toad Looks. . .

Fat, bumpy, wrinkled, with short legs that barely hold my body up off the ground and squinting eyes, LOL
Nothing's wrong, just one of those Sunday's with a late start, which seems to be the death knell of any productivity at all around here.
Obviously, I also need to clean my glasses before I put them on again, too, because Mrs. Toad is slightly blurry. Sorry, but she won't come back out so I can retake her picture!
So, all the Illinois Garrens survived the weekend in the same house. Ricky took James and Kate into town with him yesterday morning, met up with Steve and his kids, and then I picked up all four kids in the late afternoon. The big boys stayed in town playing monkeywrench and smoking cigars until nightfall...they would've stayed later, but they feared the attack of the Munchkin Mafia if they didn't hurry out here to the house for birthday cupcakes and presents. Since Rick's birthday is coming up the next weekend that Steve has his kids, I thought we ought to go ahead and celebrate Victoria's birthday this weekend.
Let me just say this for Tanner the Teenager-- he may be uber-cool, but he still graciously consents to play with the munchkins when he's here :) He even brought James one of his Star Wars movies and told James he's very sorry he got rid of his Star Wars collection when he outgrew it because now he wishes he could give it to James. Good kid, that one, but don't go spreading it around that a grownup said that ;)
Alright, maybe I oughtta hop along now and do a few things. . . Toad-a-loo, see ya on the morrow!

7 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I think you look much better than that toad. What a nice family you have! I'm sure they feel the same way!

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Sounds like fun was had by all.

You definitely do not look like the toad :))

Hope you have a super duper week.

Mich

Studio Marcy - Marcy Lamberson said...

Love the toad photo, but you're a cutie pie. You always write so well and express yourself so I can picture myself there with you. Sure enjoy your blog.
Marcy

Deb said...

Gosh Ang - is there some chance that a Handsome Prince might come along & kiss you? ;o)

I know what ou mean though - some morning you just wake up & wonder 'why?' -lol!

It does sound like great fun was had by all - & you know what sometimes teenagers acting cool is OK!
I especially the times that they forget to maintain that facade & you see the fun kids they were & the great adults they are going to become.

BTW - you are one gorgeous lady - both inside & out.
You - 10
Toady - 0

ellen said...

My sister has a large plastic (?) toad in her back yard. Looks just like yours - his name is "Jack."

Lori Peterson said...

If I see a label say "cupcakes" I think it should have a picture of a cupcake. Next time, put the toad on the cupcake for the picture. :0)
LOVE the W.I.P. by the way.
You rock!

Kyfarmlife said...

Dont worry Angie, your legs will always be long enough to reach the ground!
Your favorite Brother..Norm

Sitecounter