Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If She an Angel Be. . .


If she an angel be,
Lord, let her watch over me.

If she a faerie be,
Danu, assign her to me.

If she a blessing be,
Let her go to my friends,
Let her go to my family.

If she a sign be,
Let her go to my heart,
Let her find her way to my soul.

If she a good thing be,
Let her spread her wings and fly,
Let her sprinkle heaven's dust worldwide.






P.S. I'm starting another string of $25 almost daily sculptures in my Etsy shop :) She's the first one this time.

Another P.S. For those of you who go to LE, Lisa Rippee (aka LRipster) is included in a Boston Globe newspaper article today! How cool is that?

And Yet Another P.S. Just Because I Can't Seem to Just Shut Up Already If you are in a goofy mood and don't mind earworms, here's The Llama Song. . .it *is* fun, at least for the first two times you hear it :)

9 comments:

Kyfarmlife said...

Very interesting and fun piece! Did you write the little poem? clever!
Rachel/Norm

angelinabeadalina said...

Thanks, Rachel :) Yep, I wrote the poem. . .I'm pretty much always spouting words one way or the other! Lifelong habit of mine. One time when I was about 11 or 12, Susie and I were outside in our driveway. Well , I said something just to make her mad, and she hauled off and socked me good with her fist. Norm's Pap happened to be coming up the drive right about then, saw it all, and just laughed! I imagine he knew Susie had gotten tired of listening to me yap ;)

Saw your sketches on your blog-- WOW, those are really good!

ellen said...

The song - was it in English?

angelinabeadalina said...

Ellen, I think that would be called the UpperLimitsofMyTolerance dialect, one which hopefully isn't spoken by anyone in real life :)

Profusion said...

Aha! So angels do have belly buttons after all :)
P~

Linda said...

I love her! The wings are wonderful and the expression on her face is so happy. Love love love it. :)

rosebud101 said...

Hi, Ang! I love your angel! That's what I think she is! The llama song was, uh-hum, shall we say, interesting? It just didn't want to stop! Thanks for the link. It was still fun!

Kyfarmlife said...

Thanks for the compliment on my sketches...I try..sometimes tho I really stink at it..practice practice practice...I'm gonna post some more in a day or two. Funny story about you and Susie....Norm tells me she speaks her mind! LOL Have a good evening!

Deb said...

Ang - I'm loving this Angel.
Thank for the link to Lisa she's such a sweety ...(& sent me the poster of the Neekid Dude at Christmas, now was that a cool ROAK or what?).

I'm with you on the Lama song - my gripe was about a year ago when the adult males around here started playing it repetitively.....did I say ADULT....Hmmmmm!

Sitecounter