Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Time Was. . .


Time was. . .

I'd be too shy to stand before you this way.

Time was. . .

I wouldn't have known to be proud of who I am.

Time was. . .

I wasn't grown yet.
But now I am.



Time was. . . I would've written to you early in the morning, sipping my espresso and pondering life, reveling in the quietness before the kiddos wound up for the day. That just doesn't seem to happen much anymore :) This morning, I woke up early but laid back down with Kate so she'd go back to sleep. Yep, easy to fall back asleep with the Boo's arm draped across your shoulder. Then, the alarm on my phone rang, and James woke up scrambling to find it. They thought they would have a little fun with the mommy's phone before time to get ready for school! So, Uncle Bubby, if you actually got your messages today, the silent one is Katie trying to figure out whether or not she should talk to the voice. Mari, if you happen to see Grandma Vicky, tell her "you're welcome". . .because I know she'll thank me for not letting James call her that early in the morning :)

Time was. . .I wouldn't want to do a short post with not much in it, but then I'm playing catchup this afternoon. Spent the morning entertaining the four year old daughter of one of the guys working on the house. Her mom was here, but Jennifer was just itching to come inside James and Katie's house and play. Seems Jennifer's big sister Taylor just started kindergarten with Kindergarten Kathy (Hiya, Mrs. Bergen!) at James and Kate's school. So, Jennifer thought it was supercool to get to hang out here this morning. We had fun, too! (and that let her mom help her dad finish what he was doing) Drum roll, please. . . Jennifer learned to use my grown up scissors to cut paper today! "My sissy is going to be so proud of me!" "When I get big and go to school, I'll use scissors." We also played with a doll in a stroller and tried to get Moochie the cat to show her furry face. And last, but not least, we had to have a morning snack-- Goldfish and a glass of strawberry milk.

So, time was. . . I'd write you another paragraph or two, but I believe my torch is calling me, if only for a brief session before time to get the munchkins! Talk to ya later!

6 comments:

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

I miss my torch!!!

Gorgeous piece by the way - I love it.

can I say it again......I miss my torch.

Learning to cut with scissors is so much fun. Josh and his friends were cutting magazines at school and having a whale of a time. (Grin)

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh, Mich, when are you gonna get to squeeze in some torching? It really is my meditation, my sanity saver. Plus, it really is just a heckuva lot of fun.

I can picture the kiddos with the magazines and scissors! That had to be a sight!

rosebud101 said...

Time was..I'd worry about getting things done. Now, I don't. They get done when they are done.
Time was..I didn't read this blog, and now I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner.
Time was..Nothing else, just time was.

ellen said...

The the torch calls - you must answer.

Kyfarmlife said...

May the torch be with you Jedi Knight!

Deb said...

Time Was is wonderful Ang!
I'm loving seeing you play with dark ivory again!
I had my first go at sculpting the other day....lets just say it was interesting.
(remember Gollum from LOTR? -LOL)

Time was I'd avoid the torch.
Time is now & I resent what's keeping me away from it ;o)

Sitecounter