Monday, October 27, 2008

The Heck with Purple Dresses and Red Hats! When I Get Old, I Shall Wear Purple Leathers and a Red Helmet!


This is it. I've made up my mind. When I am old, I shall pass right on by the purple dresses and red hats and head straight for the motorcycle shop. I'm thinking purple leathers and a red helmet
In fact, my writing muse has taken this whole line of thought and flown out the door and down the open road. . . and she refuses to be chained to the computer today. Guess I'll go torch (YEAH!) and do some meditating on the whole "meaning of life" thing.
Except now, I just realized I wrote "meaning of life". Heehee, Monty Python sprang to mind as soon as I typed that! Okay, so now, I guess I'll go sit at the torch, happily melting glass and trying to remember snippets of songs from The Life of Brian.

8 comments:

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

I like it. I can see you doing that. :))

Love the sculpture as well!!

As for the "meaning of life", if you find the answer let me know. :))

Looks like the Fall Festival Craft fair was a perfect adventure. I love those bags.

Later

Deb said...

"And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life... "

Sheesh Ang! I think you are as bad as me - (& I'm older so it must be that way -lol). A simple grouping of words can evoke a whole lot of random thoughts. I'm never sure whether I think in pictures or think in songs.... but the second you said meaning of life - off my brain went on the Monty Python tangent & singing - lol!


I can see you doing purple leathers too...but I just have to say this, I've seen purple leather & it hadn't worn well.
Then again I saw a huge purple customized Harley once - & that was just wrong.
Reminded me of Barney ...... ;o)

Kyfarmlife said...

Funny Deb...between your post title and Debs comment I know have to change my drawers from laughing so hard I peed my pants! LOL You guys are too funny! Love the sculpture! I usually cant leave comments on your blog so I'm woo hooing that I was able to tonight!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Ok... just for Katie... how to draw a Panda...on my blog now... oh... Grey hair, Black leather, chaps... it works for me LOL

rosebud101 said...

Okay, I am old now. I already wear red and purple. I don't have leather chaps, yet. Oh, well, we all charge through life in our own way. Love teh way you look at life Ang!

Sharon Driscoll said...

Oh you're going to like this! Hubby bought a Harley Road King a few years back, maybe two. He decorated his helmet. I get bored on the back and think he needs a DVD in the helmet so I can watch something (he is NOT amused). I decorated my helmet (I don't go riding often) with glued on silk flowers that flap around in the wind. He is soooo embarassed and I laugh every time I look at it!

Yup, there is something to be said about not aging all that gracefully

Laurie ~ Mermaid Glass said...

Old? I won't have to make those kinds of fashion choices because I am not getting old. Seriously. I mean it.

ellen said...

I have a picture of my mom when she was 75 (she just turned 86) in leathers. A friend came to visit on his Harley and his wife let mom borrow her stuff and off she went on the back of Adam's Harley.
Yes, she's my inspiration.

Sitecounter