Friday, October 17, 2008

Just in Case



Shhhhhh, the house is quiet, except for the squeak of the dryer belt to which I have become accustomed, and the coffee is good. I feel like Elmer Fudd, tiptoeing around the house, muttering to myself, "Shhhhh, be vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting wabbits." Tammy Fae the Elf is trying to nudge me out of the chair and into the craft closet to look for paint markers. Oh, and a big THANK YOU to the commenter who told me that's what I need to use! I used to buy silver and gold ones at Christmas and write messages on presents or ornaments, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will unearth a plain black one in that stash. Who knows? I have this little addiction to paper and pens and markers, so it's quite likely that I might have grabbed a few other colors along with the silver and gold ones-- you know, "just in case". Oh, lawdy, maybe that should be plastered across the wall above my craft closet!

JUST IN CASE

Just in case one is not enough, I'll grab two.
Just in case they aren't on sale next time, I'll grab five.
Just in case this is what I decide to use for presents, I'll grab ten.
Just in case I really like making these, I'll grab a dozen.
Just in case I ever actually complete all these ideas, I'll grab another twenty so I'll have something to do when the others run out :)

Oh, yeah, just in case. . .


7 comments:

Deb said...

Oh dear - best you don't look up my ebay name Ang! I think we may be related .... my moniker there is Just1-more - ROFL!

Happy markering ;o)

Studio Marcy - Marcy Lamberson said...

I'm like that too, and I have a full house and frustrated husband to prove it.

Marcy

Tasha said...

Paint pens are essential at my house....especially for pumpkins! Nine times out of ten when I'm in Michael's I come out with paint pens. (yep, it was me yesterday. I figured you would guess it.)

I am envious of a craft closet. I have stuff spread out all over the house, garage, and studio. Sometimes lots of space is a bad thing...I can't ever find anything.

rosebud101 said...

I grew up in the ear of "just in case." You made enough food to feed 50 when there were only 3 of you. You bought enough wrapping paper to wrap an army of presents when there were only 5. You bought enough pens, pencils and crayons to supply the entire school when you only had 2 children. It was just in case, and I rarely had to go back to the store, just in case.

Kim said...

I'm one of "those" people too! We recently moved and when I packed my "craft area" and got to move into a real room for my crafts, my friends had no idea how I fit all that stuff in that tiny space and now this really big one was full! :) I think I have a pen in every color...some two or three...3 boxes of paints, numerous brushes, scrapbook supplies galore, and what do I do with them...not much since I found glass! :)

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh, you guys, you make me feel better about my stash, LOL! Tasha, I should've known for sure it was you-- after all, that day I saw you in Michael's, you were buying paint markers! The kids and I cleared a path to the craft closet (it's in their toy room), and I went "shopping" in my own neglected closet this morning. Yep, I did find a black paint marker, as well as my collection of all sorts of paint brushes. Voila! Now, I can either use my very fine paint brush or I can use that paint marker :)

rosebud101 said...

Great going, Ang! Anyway, I forgot to tell you! Tag, You're IT. Check my blog for information!

Sitecounter