Friday, October 10, 2008

It Landed on the Wicked Witch in the Middle of a Ditch. . .


Munchkins: [singing] The house began to pitch / The kitchen took a slich / It landed on the Wicked Witch in the middle of a ditch / Which was not a happy situation for the Wicked Witch!


Hmm, Toto, don't think we're in Kansas anymore. . . but we are right smack dab in the middle of Halloween land! People put those inflatable monsters and haunted houses in their front yards. Pumpkin and skull lights are almost as plentiful as Christmas lights will be in December. Centralia devotes an entire weekend to celebrating with Trick-or-Treat on Friday night, a fall festival downtown on Saturday, a Kiddie Parade where munchkins can show off their trick-or-treat finery on Saturday afternoon, and a big parade with floats and marching bands and politicians tossing candy into the crowd on Saturday night. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure anyone is even going to notice our measly addition of the Wicked Witch of the East's feet sticking out from under our house. . .there's too much other fanciful decorating to be seen along the streets!
P.S. Here's the elf after his plaster of paris facial! Can you believe I managed to save this much of him? I knew to watch for undercuts in my original design, but I also know I'm pretty inexperienced and figured I'd find in the end that I'd made a bunch of them. Not too bad, and the hat came out in one piece, too. Elfin ears must surely be fragile things, though. I would not recommend twisting an elf's ear unless you are ready for a fight!

TGIF!
(bet ya already know that stands for Thank God It's Friday, but have you heard the one for Thursday?? So Happy It's Thursday!)

3 comments:

Laurie - Mermaid Glass said...

Awww, poor elf. He looks like a little bit of the house fell on him, too! He'd make an awesome garden decoration, though. Kind of old and weathered and very cool.

Deb said...

Aww poor Elf - lol! (No I'm not copying Laurie, that was truly what went through my mind before I went to post a comment!).

The Witches feet look awesome Ang - I do wish people went all decorating out like that hare.

TGIF could also stand for Thank God it's Tuesday - which is something, after a good case of Monday'itis, that I often think.

Sharon Driscoll said...

I love the feet under the house! your neighborhood sounds like great fun! We have like a whole half dozen trick or treaters. Boo (HOO).

Sitecounter