Thursday, November 13, 2008

Get Bold, Baby, Get Bold!

Get bold, baby, get bold!
Of course, your definition of "bold" and how to "get" there will be relative to your experiences in life so far. For instance, the yellow dotted beads and the blue ones with flowers were what I considered "boldly" paired with all those bright seed beads when I first started learning to melt glass. Yep, Tash, I'll bet you saw those funky beads in my outstretched hand about 2 years and 7 or 8 months ago. Katie had this necklace stashed in a ziploc bag with some of my other beginner stuff. But mostly, it's just a picture to spark a little bit of conversation this morning.
Think about the bold things you have done in your life so far. What's on your list? Me? Been scuba diving, and swam right over a nurse shark (okay, those are the mild-mannered ones and I didn't know she'd be there, but a shark is still a shark, ya know?). The rest of my list of bold things is rather short and boring. Ah, but is it really? I mean, when we look at our lists of bold moves in life, do we see what other people see? or do we only see the things we should have done instead, the things we didn't do, the things we did later that seem more important? Do we compare our bold steps to what other people have done and then decide to dismiss our own as unexciting in comparison?
DON'T DO THAT!
Look at yourself! Some of you play with fire flaring from a torch at 1400-1700 degrees! That's pretty damn exciting when you think about it like a non-torcher, isn't it? What about those of you who create other things like furniture and jewelry and paintings? Pretty exhilirating stuff to someone who's never tried it but wishes they could! Hey, I'm pretty sure some of you have moved far away from home. Some of you have travelled to far away countries. Some of you have left one profession and jumped into an entirely different one. All I'm saying is look at yourself fairly and squarely. Then, after you do that, I want you to think about your list of bold moves one more time and say to yourself:
DO IT SOME MORE!
GET BOLD, BABY, GET BOLD!
Have a bold Thursday, peeps!

3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I'm bold. Now how can I become more bold?

angelinabeadalina said...

Here's what I think you should do. Since you are younger than your children, ask them what bold thing they would like to do in the next five years. . .voila, there's the beginning of your new list! Heehee, I can suggest that for you, but if my mom did that, I'd be miffed, LOL

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Now you got me wanting to go white water rafting again in Vic Falls, Zim and have reminded me that I still want to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.

:)))

Sitecounter